Favourite Genres Of Music?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to say my all time Top Tier Music Genre is Digital Hardcore...simply 'cause its so f--ckin' undefinable...which makes it unusually versatile...

+ Highly Aggresive and in your face (Atari Teenage Riot, Bomb 20, The Shizit, Schizoid, Ronin, Hansel)

+ Silly but pumpin'...harder than that "Rave" Bullsh--t (Bureau de Change, Lolita Storm, Shizuo, EC8OR)

+ Somethin' with atmosphere to it (Unitus, Cheap Czad, Christoph de Babalon, Replicant Impulse, Nic Endo [Preferably, her most recent album: Cold Metal Perfection {yup...got the name from astro boy/the mighty atom}] Venom 8888, TRS-80)

+ Just F--cking Insanity (Zymotic, Stuntrock, Heartworm, Asure, John Merricks Project, Contra, CPU WAR

+ The f--cking MAN (Alec Empire)

...Yeah...Check out some Digital Hardcore...but beware...it ain't for everyone (I know VERY FEW people who have any knowledge on it...)

I also like a bunch of other random sh--t...but above this...is my favorite genre...

Rock- Afi, Linkin Park, Godsmack, System of a down, A perfect circle, and Korn. I love Rocking out!!!

Rap - Swisha House(lil flip, chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Mike Jones), Ugk, Ludacris, Lil Jon. WHAT! WHAT!, OKAY! Music that gets you hipped up!!

Alternative - Hoobastank, Evanessence, The Strokes, Chevelle, Smashing Pumpkins, alternative is more mellow, but still good.

Oldies-Queen, Michael Jackson, The Cure.  Old songs from these artits are still great today

I know some are out of place but the main point is there!

Is Chop n Screw still going strong down there? I left Houston like...last month (thank HEAVENS!!!)...just wondering since you mentioned swisha house...I heard of them back when I went to High School (Hastings...Alief Justice bizzneeotch!)

Rock- Afi, Linkin Park, Godsmack, System of a down, A perfect circle, and Korn. I love Rocking out!!!

Rap - Swisha House(lil flip, chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Mike Jones), Ugk, Ludacris, Lil Jon. WHAT! WHAT!, OKAY! Music that gets you hipped up!!

Alternative - Hoobastank, Evanessence, The Strokes, Chevelle, Smashing Pumpkins, alternative is more mellow, but still good.

Oldies-Queen, Michael Jackson, The Cure.  Old songs from these artits are still great today

Is Chop n Screw still going strong down there? I left Houston like...last month (thank HEAVENS!!!)...just wondering since you mentioned swisha house...I heard of them back when I went to High School (Hastings...Alief Justice bizzneeotch!)

Hell yeah, take that shitake mushroom out side. LOL. Yeah of course it's still pretty big cuz it's the dirty south. I like screwed music but not so much chopped well depends of how much and if they're anygood. I like slim thug, i dont like Mike Jones cuz he says his name too damn much, every song he does starts like this "Who, Mike Jones, who Mike Jones" It gets pretty old fast.

Hell yeah, take that shitake mushroom out side. LOL. Yeah of course it's still pretty big cuz it's the dirty south. I like screwed music but not so much chopped well depends of how much and if they're anygood. I like slim thug, i dont like Mike Jones cuz he says his name too damn much, every song he does starts like this "Who, Mike Jones, who Mike Jones" It gets pretty old fast.

never heard of Mike Jones...I guess I should be glad...

Of each genre Who is your guys favorite singer and band/group of all time?

Well, that's a big question because there are so many genres. I'll stick to the ones I mentioned as my favourites:

funk: Red Hot Chili Peppers

70s+ rock: Blue Oyster Cult

Swing: hard choice, but i'd say Royal Crown Revue

Ska: The Specials

Reggae: anything done by Lee "Scratch" Perry (ie alot of the Upsetters' songs)

I was a very big Michael Jackson fan in the nineties, but it has died down a bit since then....Thriller is still the greatest album ever made.

never heard of Mike Jones...I guess I should be glad...

You haven't heard of mike jones?? and you only left 1 month ago!!

You probably stopped listening to swisha house. Slim thug is hot too. Do you remember hater the perpetrator?? that was a funny b*stard! :D:lol:

:D I like almost anything... my taste is very versatile... but top of the bill has gotta be hip-hop/Rap (mainly old skool) and Motown/Soul (Marvin Gaye, Dianna Ross, J5 and stuff)

Is that why you have Ash as an avatar? B)

Hahahaha! Nice one K'Dash!

I resent that!!! there is absolutely no evidence ash is like that alot of guys enjoy painting there nails and stuff!!! me on the other hand ;).... just kidding :P plus ash happens to kick some serious ass under my control...

Rap: Eminem, Bone Thugs, 666 Mafia, Mobb Deep, Cormega, Jigga, 2Pac(RIP), Eightball & MJG, Skinny Pimp, T-Rock, LOX, Hot Boys, KAZE, Twista, Soulja Slim(RIP), Xzibit, Big L, Psycho Drama, Obie Trice, Dead Prez, Method Man.......

Rock/Metal: Korn, Deftones, Ill Nino, Static X, Disturbed(1st album), Soulfly, System of A Down, 0rgy, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Linkin Park, N.E.R.D, White Stripes....

That's mainly what I listen to but, I'll listen to pretty much everything else except country!! :D

Edited by BuRRdRinkA