Who's Your Favorite Comedian?

Alpha

Chris Rock (Why didnt anybody metion him? He's funny)
Then there are my other favorites like Richard Pryor, Steven Wright, Jerry Seinfeld, David Letterman, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Lewis Black, Dave Chappelle, Robin Williams, Dennis Miller, and a whole bunch more.

I did... just shows how much people read. :rolleyes:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you mean stand-up comedian? Because my favourite comedy writer is also my favourite stand-up comedian, although he doesn't do much stand-up. It's Ben Elton. You should know who he is if you've ever seen the Young Ones, Blackadder, or the Thin Blue Line because he wrote or co-wrote each of those tv series, and he also occasionally guest-starred in the young ones. He's also written a lot of books, and most of them are among my favourite books. The man's a genius!

But if you're talking more traditional stand-up, I'd have to say most of my list would come from the UK: Ross Noble, Bill Bailey, Billy Conolly, Eddie Izzard, Ed Byrne...

We've (Australia) got a few good stand-up comics as well: there's Ahn Do, Dave Hughes, Karl Barren, Merrick and Rosso (okay they don't really do stand-up, but 95% of you won't even know who they are so nyeh)... Adam Spencer and Will Anderson used to do stand-up, and I'm going to sneak in flacco and the sandman, who do stand-up style stuff, although they assume the roles of characters when they do. Who cares, they're hilarious!

Now for the US comedians, there's Bill Hicks (RIP), Dennis Leary, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Stephen Wright, Robin Williams, George Carlin...that's probably about it. I've noticed that there aren't any female comedians on my list and there are few if any on the other replies either - why is it, do you think, that men rarely find female stand-up acts as funny as male acts? It's curious.

Well some funny female comedians are Jeanene (sp?) Garafolo, Tina Fey, Phyllis Diller, Carlon Burnett, Whoopi Goldberg, Lily Tomlin, Molly Shannon, that woman who played Pat on SNL, that one woman who was with John Belushi and Dan Akroyd in the first few years of SNL, and some more that I can't remember. And anyone that says Rita Rudner is funny needs to be smashed in the face. :rolleyes:

Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence(when he was on drugs), Eddie Griffin, John Candy RIP, old school Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and of course Cheech and Chong!!! I can't wait til' Chong gets out of jail and they get that movie done!! :rolleyes:

Edited by BuRRdRinkA

Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence(when he was on drugs), Eddie Griffin, John Candy RIP, old school Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and of course Cheech and Chong!!! I can't wait til' Chong gets out of jail and they get that movie done!! :P

:rolleyes: good old. Cheech and Chong. What's chong in jail for - is it the obvious reason? :lol:

My god, their movies own so much. I remember there was a Cheech and Chong movie marathon on The Movie network a couple of years ago. Good shiat. I would think it would be Possession of a substance or something, but nothing like google to help you out.

Lessee...

Lewis Black

Richard Prior

Gabriel Iglasias (OMG, you have to check out the suff he does on spanish channels -- Comedy Central didn't do him justice :rolleyes:)

George Carlin

David Chappelle

Denis Leary

Christopher Titus

Gabriel Iglesias on "Que Locos"... YES!!!

Oh, and I am diggin your screenname. I dig Tsunami Bomb too.

Anon.

Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence(when he was on drugs), Eddie Griffin, John Candy RIP, old school Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and of course Cheech and Chong!!! I can't wait til' Chong gets out of jail and they get that movie done!! :P

:rolleyes: good old. Cheech and Chong. What's chong in jail for - is it the obvious reason? :lol:

Michael Chong is in jail for selling autographed drug paraphanalia over the internet.

I never really liked the Cheech and Chong movies, they were somewhat funny but too many stupid people are like "they're the greatest movies on Earth dude! uuhh! let's smoke some more weed and become useless members of society." So that really ruined the experience for me.

Michael Chong is in jail for selling autographed drug paraphanalia over the internet.

I never really liked the Cheech and Chong movies, they were somewhat funny but too many stupid people are like "they're the greatest movies on Earth dude! uuhh! let's smoke some more weed and become useless members of society." So that really ruined the experience for me.

Dude, just because you smoke weed doesn't mean you are useless to society. Look at UC Berkeley, most of those katz smoke. I smoke a bit and I got a 1400 on my SAT!!! Maybe even more, if my new score comes in.

Anon.