Food For Thought...

...Think, for a second...You're a character in a fighting game (any kind of Fighting Game)...

...What kind of background (as in...the location you choose to have your fight) would you have and why?

i want a realy good 2d sprite with crappy 3d background with lots of distracting background movements.

Probably in a bar or some setting where there's alot of chairs, tables, bottles, basically anything I can use as a shield and throw around. Otherwise, if I can't interact with the background, what does it matter what background I'm in? If I can't grab objects from the background, then I don't really care what setting I'm in.

I would have a cave level. Light would glow and ebb every once in a while. Bats would fly by and an occasional salamandar or two would run by. In later rounds you may see demonic like goblins in the background. Some watching the match, others poking a wriggling bag, and some eating some sort of meat.

I would like a giant, sprawling, cityscape where you can jump over the rooftops or fight in the alleyways. Either that or a huge field full of bamboo chutes like in one of the fight scenes in ninja scroll

I'd like to fight inside a medieval castle of sorts, with banners flapping in the wind and maybe some knights in the background. On a side note, I really like SCII's stage where the characters fought in some ruins with a japanese warzone in the background.

I want something peaceful and tranquil, to contrast to the battle that is taking place. I particularly want water...I like Samurai Shodown 4, the one where you fight on the beach, with the waves crashing.

Either that, or I would like my backdrop to be inside a beautiful, dark and gothic cathedral...the cathedral background from MK3 and also "the Nude Place" from SvC Chaos spring to mind.