Pc And Xbox Connection

Cominus

Is there a way to get online with the xbox with out xbox live, like to search the web and stuff like the DC? or a way to transfer files from my pc to the xbox?

depends:

if you got a router you can use normal cat5 cable to connect between the 2 and use an app like flashfxp to connect to the xbox.

if you don't have a router but have an extra nic you can use a crossover cable and enable ics (internet connection sharing) and then use an app like flashfxp to connect to the xbox.

if you only have one nic and don't have a router you will have use a crossover cable and use a static ip on the pc and xbox and then you can use an app like flashfxp to connect to the xbox.

this of course can only be done using a dashboard that allows ftp. flashfxp isn't really needed since you can use the web browser but i highly suggest it since it makes things easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i got the nic and did everything and i even got on xboxconnect and played a little halo and got beat by "an9" i donno... but how do i like update my dashboard or download new skins? Is there settings i have to change?