Best Oldies Sitcom?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone like M*A*S*H, once that depressing song came on, the intro song, i always changed the channel, that song depressed me and i never watched it because of that reason!

Edited by Texas

Why does everyone like M*A*S*H, once that depressing song came on, the intro song, i always changed the channel, that song depressed me and i never watched it because of that reason!

Well if you actually stuck around and watched the show you would know what we are talking about. :huh:

You've listed all my favorites for the most part. As a kid, I especially liked watching Get Smart on Nick at Night. MASH was *okay* IMO. It was funny, but the laugh track kinda killed it for me (don't know why, though :huh:). I guess it was because it was outside most of the time..?

My favorite old sitcoms would have to be the Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Taxi, and All in the Family. Even today that show is risque and unpolitically correct.

That "depressing song" is called suicide is painless , and that had to be the theme song, because it was the opening song to the M*A*S*H movie, which came before the series, and is what the series was based on. The song fitted the movie much more because the movie is a very black comedy, unlike the show - the movie's on par with 'Catch 22' for the blackness of its comedy, and its depressing bits. I really liked the movie too, but i don't know what to think about that bit when they were 'curing' the guy who thought he might be gay though.

I really liked the movie too, but i don't know what to think about that bit when they were 'curing' the guy who thought he might be gay though.

Haha! That part was great. I should have tried that kind of ceremony on my roommate in high school (he was gay) but I think he was too deep into "the dark side." :D

Who do you think was the better Hawkeye Pierce, Donald Sutherland or Alan Alda?

My Mom prefers Alan Alda but I really like Donald Sutherland. I guess they both were equally good...

I really liked the movie too, but i don't know what to think about that bit when they were 'curing' the guy who thought he might be gay though.

Haha! That part was great. I should have tried that kind of ceremony on my roommate in high school (he was gay) but I think he was too deep into "the dark side." :lol:

Who do you think was the better Hawkeye Pierce, Donald Sutherland or Alan Alda?

My Mom prefers Alan Alda but I really like Donald Sutherland. I guess they both were equally good...

Was Sutherland the Hawkeye in the movie? If so they were both the best at playing the role they were chosen for. Alda was a great hawkeye, but he wouldn't have suited the darker tone of the movie. Here's a better question: who was a better 'sidekick':- B.J. or Trapper?