A Farewell To Friends

I agree with Captain FuKu, Friends is way too overrated...sometimes it feels that Seinfeld is too. Hahaha, sorry about that Mr. G. :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just knew there'd be a topic about this. Ya know, the day the last ep. aired, my local news channel (instead of doing proper news reporting!) did a "Friends Farewell Special"!  :D

The mainstream media is a bunch of sellouts (for obvious reasons of profit). Now regarding the supposed diehard "fans" of Friends, I'm sure there're some quirky people out there who genuinely likes this show (nothing wrong with that) but there are way too many people who do not have a mind of there own and simply care only of jumping on the bandwagon so they're not ostracized by their peers -- and that's f*cking lame. And really, it's because so many people are followers that this show is so popular. I think of Friends as a sitcom soup opera catered to chicks, just like how chick flicks cater to the general interest of chicks. Sorry but I never found the show's "humor" to be funny at all.

Also, a million for each ep. of the show for each of the cast members just shows you that these people are just milking it for all its worth -- it's fricking ridiculous. Is it over yet? It is? Finally. *sigh*

Sorry, just had to get that out.

Amen to that!

freinds was a great show i loved it

i loved seinfield too still watch it 

but friends was clearly more for an intellegent audience

I thought it was the other way around. Or at least I always thought Friends was a show that women loved but men generally disliked.

I won't miss friends at all ( the last show airs here at the end of the month) but my gf will be totally devastated as she is addicted to the show.

I agree with Captain FuKu, Friends is way too overrated...sometimes it feels that Seinfeld is too. Hahaha, sorry about that Mr. G.  :D

Grrr... :) Different strokes for different folks.

And I agree with what Jon Stewart said "I haven't even seen an episode of the show and I'm sick of it." That was in response to all the publicity and air time the Friend's finale was getting. And I agree with him completely. It was way out of line. They were tracing each characters' family tree on that damn Dateline special!! Now that is just sad!

But I really liked SNL's parodies of the Friend's finale on last night's episode. The first one was great with George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfield and then that one with Snoop being depressed about the final episode. It was a funny show for once. :P

I am eager to see what will take Friend's place. It better be funny but I really doubt it will be. I'd love to see a show funnier than Seinfeld, but you know that impossible. That's about as impossible as sending a manned expidition to the Sun. I really hope Scrubs doesn't take over because that show isn't that funny either. I've sat through entire episodes where I haven't even cracked a smile. And lets really hope that that uber crappy Tracy Morgan Show (if it hasn't been cancelled yet) doesn't get bumped up either.

I hope NBC tries something fresh and innovative with this time slot.

And Frasier (which was damn funny) is going too so I don't know NBC will manage without those two sitcoms.

I say they should play Seinfeld reruns during the prime time Thursday. :D

Friesier? Are you serious?

uuh..yes...uh...COME ON MILES...Uh...no not at the particular monent...uh..yes yes yes...uh....

STFU! The guy sounds like he's gaging on a "cockbite" The show was F-stupid.

Friends was more dramatic, it was more like a sopera but with a hint of humor. Seinfield is ok, but i dont like thier damn music, very annoying, and seinfield gets on my nerves. Im mean come on, every charater on that show is a comedian, how is friends going to compare in funniest agaisnt that? Seinfield makes you laugh and friends makes you laugh and cry. I dont know i dont care. Friends=sopera Seinfield=comedy

how come they never had other friends?

Hahahah....A lot of talkshow hosts that have interviewed the cast have asked the same thing. Makes me wonder...

I am eager to see what will take Friend's place. It better be funny but I really doubt it will be. I'd love to see a show funnier than Seinfeld, but you know that impossible. That's about as impossible as sending a manned expidition to the Sun. I really hope Scrubs doesn't take over because that show isn't that funny either. I've sat through entire episodes where I haven't even cracked a smile. And lets really hope that that uber crappy Tracy Morgan Show (if it hasn't been cancelled yet) doesn't get bumped up either.

I hope NBC tries something fresh and innovative with this time slot.

And Frasier (which was damn funny) is going too so I don't know NBC will manage without those two sitcoms.

I say they should play Seinfeld reruns during the prime time Thursday. :D

Friesier? Are you serious?

uuh..yes...uh...COME ON MILES...Uh...no not at the particular monent...uh..yes yes yes...uh....

STFU! The guy sounds like he's gaging on a "cockbite" The show was F-stupid.

Friends was more dramatic, it was more like a sopera but with a hint of humor. Seinfield is ok, but i dont like thier damn music, very annoying, and seinfield gets on my nerves. Im mean come on, every charater on that show is a comedian, how is friends going to compare in funniest agaisnt that? Seinfield makes you laugh and friends makes you laugh and cry. I dont know i dont care. Friends=sopera Seinfield=comedy

Yes, I am serious. Frasier is a damn funny show. It had some of the most expert writing in a sitcom.

And on Seinfeld, only Jerry Seinfeld and Julia Louis-Dreyfus were real comedians. Well the only reason I say Julia Drefus was a comedian because she was a cast member on SNL for one or two seasons. Jason Alexander is a stage actor and Michael Richard's started in drama but he did try stand up but that was a huge flop.

I never watched friends, well a few episodes on the wb. but never thought it was really funny, and frasier is not funny in the least bit to me, GryphonKlaw, is probably gonna love me, the best sitcom was Seinfeld, Larry David is a Genius, well comic genius. oh and i also liked Married With Children, Al Bundy is the funniest!!

Edited by Texas