Plugin Suggestions

This may or not b plugin related but I recently d/led some psx iso/bins for use in ePSXe. FF Origins and Tactics both worked but FF7, no luck. I have an install.bin and c1,2 and 3.bins. All these appear to be uncorrupted. I tried using 1.60, but nothing, so i switched to 1.01 and now the install.bin and or cd1.bin work up to the Sony startup screen then nothing. I have over 90 plugins and have tried a lot of combinations, but no joy. Any suggestions welcome.

Im running off a p4 2.8 with radeon 7000 and 512mb RAM, but i could switch to a p4 3.2ht with a geforce 5200 256mb if that would solve anything. :D

• 1 month later...

Since no-one bothered to reply to my n00b post I'll just have to do it myself :lol:

Oh, and I more or less lost interest in psx emulation after that post when i was kindly donated one with a stack of games that was destined for the scrapheap..

:):(

Edited by G19

sorry, I didn't notice

hmm...install.bin? what kinds of isos were they?

anyways, if you're playing a 3d game, I would've suggested Pete'd D3D renderer

for a 2d, PeOp's soft Plug in

...and for the sound...the Eternal SPU plug in

I only had the 3 FF games and that was all. At the time it was just a new avenue to explore, but to get the games to work was too much hassle compared to what I am used to. As I said the donation of the psx sorta killed my interest off.

As for FF7 I had mistakenly got part of the PC version mixed with 2 parts of the psx one, even though the bins all followed the same naming structure. Ultimately I havent played FF7 after all, and it was this game that had inspired me to get ePSXe in the first place :lol:

Anyway, I have since consoled myself with FF Tactics Advance on the GBA :(

Thanks all the same. I will no doubt be returning to psx emulation soon as it maybe develops a bit more, and I develop a bit more too :)