Pet Peeves?

reality shows that has gone too far...

as of today, we already have too many reality shows. but the WB here in the US, have finally pushed me to the edge. not only its bc its another reality show, but this is pretty wrong, and i think its decieving.

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericShow/0,1...,169159,00.html

the show is called The WB's Superstar USA. basically its the same concept of american idol. three celebrity judges crituque on singers and they choose the best out of thousands. but the catch is that, they chooose the worst performers and allowing them to think they are the best. while the best singers are told that they suck and are sent home.

after the william hung thing, this has gone too far. william hung, yeah it was funny for a moment, and i applaud him for being so confident, but this one, allowing really really bad singers to think they are the best, and at the end to tell them, in reality, u suck ass and we used u to think u are good as entertainment. that totally sucks and im against this show 100percent.

That's nothing. Okay, it's pretty bad, but I remember seeing an interview with some 'professor of television' or something like that, and the interviewer asked him, 'what's the worst concept for a reality tv show you've ever heard?' and he said, 'well, I'd have to say the littlest batchellor.'

This show, apparently, was just like 'the batchellor', only the batchellor was a midget, and he was searching for a wife between 12 midget women! TALK about exploitation! That's just sick!

My Big Fat Abnoxious Husband, I think, is up there in the list titled: "Molestation of Humankind," right behind "The Simple Life" and "Littlest Bachelor." The top-tier is "Man Vs. Beast" :P:rolleyes:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new show "The Swan" is also pretty low. They get all these really ugly chicks and do all this plastic surgery on them and then select which is the best looking.

This isn't sending a very good message.

This new show "The Swan" is also pretty low. They get all these really ugly chicks and do all this plastic surgery on them and then select which is the best looking.

This isn't sending a very good message.

Yeah, we've got something called 'extreme makover' (which is probably from the u.s. as well) which is basically the same thing. Well, kind off. It's more like a 'queer eye for the straight guy' only the subjects (or is that, victims) are women, and they go to the furthest extremes (ie even plastic surgery) to make them look better.

For crying out loud, TV is sending the message to every viewer who watches reality tv that 'you're sub-par, and you need to be more 'hip', or 'hot', or whatever. I'm willing to bet that reality tv will be the cause of a whole generation's worth of body-image problems.

I'll say what everyone wants to hear. American Reality TV is rotting our beautiful planet (add foreign ones to that too). Everytime one of those shows is on, it makes me want to break random stuff and throw the TV out of the window.

agreed, the only reality shows I ever liked was real world san fransisco. and I sorta liked surviver africa. mostly for puck and that hispanic girl on the real world and lex on surviver. non of the other reality shows have got me interested exept joe shmoe, that one I watched but it was funny in a mean sorta way.

another pet peeve of mine, and yeah i got class in a few hours...school. doesnt matter. elementry,junior high, high school or college. i hated it all. yes the friends and social part of it was great, but school isnt for me. yes education is important but school can really take a toll on ya. especially HOMEWORK!!

School has definitely taken a toll on me. Fricking finals had me staying up till 5 in the morning -- and that was on more than one occasion. Glad that's all over. Time to get laid.

Um... yeah, my pet peeve is when your folks start nosing in into your business (i.e. eavesdropping; questioning every little crap, etc.). But that's just one pet peeve out of countless.