Pet Peeves?

"I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic flocking hatreds." - George Carlin

- Stupid people.

- People that "abbreviate" words on the Internet like 'luv' and 'u'. IT'S JUST TWO MORE LETTERS!

- People that say 'Friends' is better than 'Seinfeld'. These people should be lined up and killed.

- Bleeding heart liberals

- Staunch conservatives

- The GOP

- The Christian right (Evangelicals and crap)

- Priests that get away with child molestation because they are priests

- Stupid people.

- People who say "of-TEN". It's "of-FEN"!!!

There are many more, if I didn't have this upcoming final to study for I'd give more.

Hmm...so what political leanings DON'T piss you off, exactly? :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Haku was a girl.......... never saw the anime so don't laugh.

neither did i :D

"The current Punk stereotype is scarred by mass-marketing and an unfortunate emphasis on style over substance." - Dr. Greg Graffin, Singer for Bad Religion

Punk Manifesto

^That right there is the best essay on what Punk is ever. It comes a vet of punk, as well. Read up, Garage. Its DAMN good.

Anon.

yeah I've read that before. although I don't always agree with Graffin. there isn't any denying he is a smart cat and a true leader in the punk scene.

as long as we all understand spiky hair and a blink182 album are not punk then we're on our way to true enlightenment, heheh.

Well, I haven't read that article all the way through, but speaking as someone who used to be into the punk scene (but would never have the nerve to have called myself 'punk'), it seems to me that writing a manifesto on 'punk'ness' is kind of refuting the whole idea. Because you can only truly be a punk if you don't consider yourself a punk. You can only truly be a punk if you don't give a damn whether other people consider you to be punk or not, or indeed WHAT you think about them.

There is no true 'punk fashion', there's no one style that can be called 'punk music'; in fact, by its very definition, any music later than 1990 cannot be considered punk. Because punk was a revolution of music, it was a protest over what the first wave of punk saw as the wanky 70's 'prog-rock', guitar-solo-filled, musical oddysees that were produced by bands like Led Zeppelin, etc... etc...One of the biggest original punk bands, 'the clash', most of their songs most 'modern punkers' wouldn't even recognise as punk. So to me, as soon as punk music became defined by the record companies, and therefore the record companies started exploiting the genre for all it was worth, punk music died.

I remember that brief period when punk was in high-fashion. When I saw a 'designer punk' outfit full of extra zippers and tears in the fabric, but selling for TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! on the news, I was ANGRY. Dammit, those holes were in the fabric because punks couldn't afford new clothes, you can't rip up a jacket and sell it for two grand! That's ruining the whole essence of punk music.

So to conclude, punk music has died in the arse, but hey I think we were all imagining those ideals of not-selling out and so on, considering the original famous punk band, the Sex Pistols, during the late 1990's went on a tour called the "give us your money" tour, or something like that. And the 'dead kennedys' (appart from Jello) sold one of their songs for a 'just jeans' ad. Therefore, money (and pop-punk) has ruined the entire punk scene.

"The current Punk stereotype is scarred by mass-marketing and an unfortunate emphasis on style over substance." - Dr. Greg Graffin, Singer for Bad Religion

Punk Manifesto

^That right there is the best essay on what Punk is ever. It comes a vet of punk, as well. Read up, Garage. Its DAMN good.

Anon.

yeah I've read that before. although I don't always agree with Graffin. there isn't any denying he is a smart cat and a true leader in the punk scene.

as long as we all understand spiky hair and a blink182 album are not punk then we're on our way to true enlightenment, heheh.

Well, I haven't read that article all the way through, but speaking as someone who used to be into the punk scene (but would never have the nerve to have called myself 'punk'), it seems to me that writing a manifesto on 'punk'ness' is kind of refuting the whole idea. Because you can only truly be a punk if you don't consider yourself a punk. You can only truly be a punk if you don't give a damn whether other people consider you to be punk or not, or indeed WHAT you think about them.

There is no true 'punk fashion', there's no one style that can be called 'punk music'; in fact, by its very definition, any music later than 1990 cannot be considered punk. Because punk was a revolution of music, it was a protest over what the first wave of punk saw as the wanky 70's 'prog-rock', guitar-solo-filled, musical oddysees that were produced by bands like Led Zeppelin, etc... etc...One of the biggest original punk bands, 'the clash', most of their songs most 'modern punkers' wouldn't even recognise as punk. So to me, as soon as punk music became defined by the record companies, and therefore the record companies started exploiting the genre for all it was worth, punk music died.

I remember that brief period when punk was in high-fashion. When I saw a 'designer punk' outfit full of extra zippers and tears in the fabric, but selling for TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! on the news, I was ANGRY. Dammit, those holes were in the fabric because punks couldn't afford new clothes, you can't rip up a jacket and sell it for two grand! That's ruining the whole essence of punk music.

So to conclude, punk music has died in the arse, but hey I think we were all imagining those ideals of not-selling out and so on, considering the original famous punk band, the Sex Pistols, during the late 1990's went on a tour called the "give us your money" tour, or something like that. And the 'dead kennedys' (appart from Jello) sold one of their songs for a 'just jeans' ad. Therefore, money (and pop-punk) has ruined the entire punk scene.

I agree with you on alot. punk isn't music or fashion. it's attitude.

but if you guy's think punk is dead and only commercial. you need to dig alittle deeper. there are thousends of great "punk bands" that will never be played on radio, mtv, vh1, or cmt. whether they play rock country blues or something else. they have a "punk rock" attitude.

a few examples you say?

tiger army

hillbilly hellcats

drive by truckers

black monday

throw rag

Hank williams III

punk's not gonna die just cuz of some posers shopping at hot topic. or some big label churn's out another cookie cutter band.

I HATE POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if it wasn't for them, anarchy would rule. At least where I live, politicians are respected.

Anarchy as in the burning and flaming of stuff, or the Anarchy of a none-governed system?