For Fun Or To Win?

do you play fighting games to win or to have fun?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

in the arcades, i dont even play ppl i can beat easily. i really only play people that i know i cant beat, so that i can get better. but then i started beating those people and now there isnt much challenge in the arcade

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the arcades, i dont even play ppl i can beat easily. i really only play people that i know i cant beat, so that i can get better. but then i started beating those people and now there isnt much challenge in the arcade

I kind of do what you do. I really enjoy playing someone that is an expert in fighting games. Its not that fun to get your ass kicked all over, but the experience you recieve (not to mention the nifty combos you learn :lol: ) will surely be great help in the future, and make the game more enjoyable.

I play to win, but also play to learn.

You can't drink from the cup of victory, until you tasted defeat. Thats what I always say.

Oh yeah! I also like to play to win because I don't like getting up to get more tokens.

Edited by NeoMaster

I play for fun because I don't win very much. If I played to win, I'd be extremely pissed off at games and probably not play them. And I don't play in competitions or crap like that. I just play with friends who want to unwind after a grueling day at school.

The only thing I compete in is scholastic stuff and crap like that because I don't suck at it like I suck at most console games.

But in FPS multiplayer (and other PC games), I play to win because that's the only kind of game that I'm really good in. :lol:

Well, it depends.  If your playing on a console at home, against a friend or similar, I play for fun. 

On the other hand,  if i'm playing at the arcades, i play to win.  Sure I also play for fun in the arcades, but losing there, especially to people u don't know, is no fun whatsoever, not to mention, you have to fork out more money to play again. :lol:

Exactly. I normally play for fun. But I can pretty competitive sometimes...

When I play, I play 2 get better not to win; usually I have alot of fun cuz

here in Romania, ppl forgot 'bout arcades along time ago; (The most recent KOF game an arcade had was '95); My style is like, how should I put this....... ohh yeah, Akuma-like; he fights to become more powerfull

so I play to become more skillful; to me skill is everything, with 1 rule

above it: "DON'T PLAY LIKE AN ASSHOLE!!!!, PLAY FAIR AND CLEAN!"

if u play like and asshole you ruin the game no matter what genre;

I also play.... to show off :lol:, hehehe!! I like using spectacular combos or cool

moves, but only when there's an audience!(more than 2 ppl watching) :lol:

Allthough, when you become the best at some game you start 2 feel hollow sometimes(but not always :lol: )

I always play to win, although i do get bored after i win too much because it is no longer a challenge. All games i've played even the boring ones i had to win since i want the ending no matter what!

FOR FUN!

Playing to win is bs unless ur playing with a friend...but then ur playing for fun again :lol:

Playing to win is stupid because it proved you're a geek and memorized all the moves and combos better than the other guy :lol:

It depends. Sometimes I play to win to show I can, sometimes I play for fun just to have fun with it. Depends what game and who your playing with.

If its Diso, I play to win, except for when I lose, I'm just playing for fun those times :lol:

FOR FUN!

Playing to win is bs unless ur playing with a friend...

what? so you are at an arcade, you put you token in and a stranger walks up and joins you. you don't play to win? you are just gonna throw your token and your control of the machine away? :lol:

when I say play to win I guess people don't understand me. to me it's not fun unless you try to win. and if you don't try to win you are cheating your opponent too. I don't wanna play some goof ball, I want a challenge. thow everything you got at me. if I can't beat your tactics then I will figure out how to next time. let the best man (or woman, i've been owned by plenty of girls) win.

And if the guy gets pissed at losing.

Its Wham blam!

Punches and Kicks start flying :lol:

LOL nah, thats what rematches are for. if you can't handle losing then fall back on little league rule number one: "Winning isn't everything, let's just have fun" :lol: