Red bull sucks, Bawls is better :(

Edited by K`dash

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG SHIBA had a heart attack O_O.

Red bull sucks, Bawls is better :(

I could never bring myself to drink Bawls.

-"Hey, what are drinking?"

-"Bawls."

-"Haha! Fag! You are teh gay! You drink balls!!!"

Red Bull is probably the worst drink ever. It tastes horrible!!

To stay awake you should use some No-Doze. Don't know if that's the right spelling but that's what its called.

Screw that. Two kegs of Battery will get you through ANYTHING.

Yeah, it's been slowly creeping up into my mind with each passing day: the week of Finals is almost upon those of us who have succumbed to the pressures of society and conformed to its social mores, and hence ultimately doomed ourselves to a life of mediocrity -- IOW, those of us in college.  :D

Well, I don't know why I'm posting this on an emulation board of all places. Heck, I enjoy games as much as anyone here, but we all have to deal with "duties" in the real world (as much as we hate it). And for those in college, there's always Hell week (finals) to go through before few precious time can be bought for freedom and enjoyment, until next semester rolls by. LOL Besides, maybe this could be a way of getting to know a bit more about the members that regularly post here.

So those in universities/college -- I think there's about 2 or 3 members here besides myself -- I was just curious as to how you are preparing for the finals or just any thoughts about school in general.

I'll probably be doing a lot of drinking in the coming days and/or "hanging out" (lol). When I'm home, it's either drinking and/or surfing the web and basically getting no studies done. This is my pathetic attempt at trying to escape what I know I'll eventually force myself to do. (Note: I don't drink regularly. Just when I'm faced with deadlines and mountain loads of utter crap I don't want to deal with.) So what's your escape?  :D 

Great! Here's to a life of mediocrity; getting a college degree, a steady job, wife, kids, and death!  And the cycle continues....  ;)  Cheers!!!

P.S. It'd be interesting to see how many responses I actually get for this topic. I'm guessing four at the most -- but I shouldn't set such high expectations.  :lol:

:( Good luck man.

OMG SHIBA had a heart attack O_O.

Red bull sucks, Bawls is better :)

IM NOT SHIBA YOU DORK!

What ever do you mean :-D

Oh man, my finals aren't until June/July, but I tell you I had a hell of a time last time. Our finals stretch over 3 weeks so I spent about 23 days studying from when I woke up to when I finally got to bed. I don't remember taking a break at all, except to eat, sleep, and sometimes scream silently :-D just kidding about that last one. The worst one was I had to take a law class for my degree, and I didn't know the first thing about law before I started that class, and the classes were SO BORING and they were on at like 5:30 pm and my last class that day was at 2:30pm, and the class went for two hours. But they were recorded by the uni and you could watch them from home by streaming or any time once they were recorded, so I usually went home after my 12:30 class, and kept telling myself I'd watch them on my days off. I hardly did. Come exam time I was freaking out that I'd fail the class because I hardly did any work for it at all apart from the essay and speech, I rarely (read: never) studied for it in other words. and it's the heaviest weighted class towards my degree so I wanted to do well. So I had to listen to all of the lectures. Back to back. Even the ones I'd already sat through. 12 lectures back to back. Even after I sat the exam I was freaking out I'd failed it and it ruined the first few days of my holiday. However, when the results finally came out it turns out I got a distinction (I don't know how your respective college systems mark things, but in Australia it goes, from worst to best, fail, conceded pass, pass, credit, distinction, high distinction). :Phew: I can't describe the relief I felt when I found that out :). Man, uni is about 200x more stressful than high school!!!11!

Aaargh, I tell you, all my exams were in the same place, and when I got back to uni this semester after not going to the uni for THREE MONTHS, I got chills down the back of my spine when I saw the bridge I had to walk under to get to the exam area. Literally, I'm not kidding, I involuntarily hunched my back, and had butterflies in my stomach. It was like a non-drug induced flashback! I still get chills just writing about it!

This semester, I only have 3 classes, and one of the tests will take place the week before exam week, so it won't be as bad hopefully. Which is good.

Edit: I forgot to tell you why I was freaking out so much about that law exam! It's because the exam was worth 70% of my final grade for that class!!!!!11!

Edited by random guy

Oh man, my finals aren't until June/July, but I tell you I had a hell of a time last time. Our finals stretch over 3 weeks so I spent about 23 days studying from when I woke up to when I finally got to bed. I don't remember taking a break at all, except to eat, sleep, and sometimes scream silently :-D just kidding about that last one. The worst one was I had to take a law class for my degree, and I didn't know the first thing about law before I started that class, and the classes were SO BORING and they were on at like 5:30 pm and my last class that day was at 2:30pm, and the class went for two hours. But they were recorded by the uni and you could watch them from home by streaming or any time once they were recorded, so I usually went home after my 12:30 class, and kept telling myself I'd watch them on my days off. I hardly did. Come exam time I was freaking out that I'd fail the class because I hardly did any work for it at all apart from the essay and speech, I rarely (read: never) studied for it in other words. and it's the heaviest weighted class towards my degree so I wanted to do well. So I had to listen to all of the lectures. Back to back. Even the ones I'd already sat through. 12 lectures back to back. Even after I sat the exam I was freaking out I'd failed it and it ruined the first few days of my holiday. However, when the results finally came out it turns out I got a distinction (I don't know how your respective college systems mark things, but in Australia it goes, from worst to best, fail, conceded pass, pass, credit, distinction, high distinction). :Phew: I can't describe the relief I felt when I found that out :). Man, uni is about 200x more stressful than high school!!!11!

Aaargh, I tell you, all my exams were in the same place, and when I got back to uni this semester after not going to the uni for THREE MONTHS, I got chills down the back of my spine when I saw the bridge I had to walk under to get to the exam area. Literally, I'm not kidding, I involuntarily hunched my back, and had butterflies in my stomach. It was like a non-drug induced flashback! I still get chills just writing about it!

This semester, I only have 3 classes, and one of the tests will take place the week before exam week, so it won't be as bad hopefully. Which is good.

Edit: I forgot to tell you why I was freaking out so much about that law exam! It's because the exam was worth 70% of my final grade for that class!!!!!11!

Oh man...I wish you lots of luck for this time. After your finals are over, you need to do some serious relaxing and completely go nuts. Booze it up! :) But only after your tests.

I'm surprised this actually made to two pages, though it did get off-topic, but whatever.

Yeah, I basically been suffocating the past few days. Trapped in a world of deadlines, research papers, and exams -- and there's still two more weeks left.

Anyhow, thanks for the stories -- some of you seem to have it worst than me from the sound of it :P -- and good luck to all. Add in or whatever if you feel like it.

w00t!! One final down! Four to go!

I just finished my Microbiology lab final is about 20 minutes. Geez that thing was easy. :P Now if only the rest will be that simple... :P

w00t!! One final down! Four to go!

I just finished my Microbiology lab final is about 20 minutes. Geez that thing was easy.  :blink: Now if only the rest will be that simple... :-D

Wow, I both envy and pity you!

You have to go through all those exams (which I'm not looking forward to) but you're almost FINISHED, for now! How I would love a holiday...../dreams