Preparation For Hell Week

Yeah, it's been slowly creeping up into my mind with each passing day: the week of Finals is almost upon those of us who have succumbed to the pressures of society and conformed to its social mores, and hence ultimately doomed ourselves to a life of mediocrity -- IOW, those of us in college. :lol:

Well, I don't know why I'm posting this on an emulation board of all places. Heck, I enjoy games as much as anyone here, but we all have to deal with "duties" in the real world (as much as we hate it). And for those in college, there's always Hell week (finals) to go through before few precious time can be bought for freedom and enjoyment, until next semester rolls by. LOL Besides, maybe this could be a way of getting to know a bit more about the members that regularly post here.

So those in universities/college -- I think there's about 2 or 3 members here besides myself -- I was just curious as to how you are preparing for the finals or just any thoughts about school in general.

I'll probably be doing a lot of drinking in the coming days and/or "hanging out" (lol). When I'm home, it's either drinking and/or surfing the web and basically getting no studies done. This is my pathetic attempt at trying to escape what I know I'll eventually force myself to do. (Note: I don't drink regularly. Just when I'm faced with deadlines and mountain loads of utter crap I don't want to deal with.) So what's your escape? :D

Great! Here's to a life of mediocrity; getting a college degree, a steady job, wife, kids, and death! And the cycle continues.... :D Cheers!!!

P.S. It'd be interesting to see how many responses I actually get for this topic. I'm guessing four at the most -- but I shouldn't set such high expectations. :lol:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My finals are in June on my side. But yeah, I just useally sleep, surf the intarweb when ever theres an exam coming up. Oddly enough I pass just by a small margin. Some say its a sympathy from the teacher. I just say that the subject is sometimes just too damn uninteresting.

When you cannot sleep, take a 3 pills, a sleeping aid, apsrien and some sort of random pill shaped candy, it works and knocks you out, if not kill you. Thats just my way :lol:

#1 post, waiting for the next 3 to follow up.

In my case it's 2 weeks only!! :blink:

I think ther are too much exams for only two weeks ( about 1 or 2 exams a day)

But after that I will be freeeeee :lol:

Nope, I forgot the classifying exams to go to the university. Dammit! <_<

I have 5 exams coming in two weeks also...But they aren't college finals.

Let's see....economics, law, low-level programming, SQL, and budget management.

Edited by Agozer

I had most of my finals this week because most of my classes are labs. I had Physics 1 lab, Physics 2 lab, and Organic lab taken care of. I have Microbiology Lab on Monday at 10:30.

Then my lecture finals are on Wednesday and Thursday. History and Micro on Wednesday, and Physics and Organic on Thursday. Then I'm off!!! Yippee!! Until summer session starts... :blink:

To relax during finals weeks (which I don't do much of) I usually watch more Seinfeld than I normally do. Drink a lot of cold water to keep myself awake.

I rarely sleep during finals week and I've been doing that since high school. Anything below a 94% is unacceptable to me so I study hard when I actually do sit down and concentrate.

And now there is 1emulation to post at when I'm not doing anything else which happens to be most of the time.

Good luck to you all on your finals! I know you will kick their ass and show them who's boss! <_<

this is what red bull is all about :D:lol:

and coffee @ "PEET'S COFFEE AND TEA"

screw STARFACKS :(

Red Bull is probably the worst drink ever. It tastes horrible!!

To stay awake you should use some No-Doze. Don't know if that's the right spelling but that's what its called.

Red Bull is probably the worst drink ever. It tastes horrible!!

To stay awake you should use some No-Doze. Don't know if that's the right spelling but that's what its called.

Flock all that scrap, EPHEDRA!!!!

*Grabs chest* HElllp..ppp.p........