Parents And Emulation

Diso

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents are pretty big technophobes so they know nothing about emulation. My dad especially hates games, while my mum calls ALL my consoles gameboys  :D

Yeah, my parents don't like the fact that I still play video games. They think it takes time away from studying and school work. It's so annoying.

My parents are pretty big technophobes so they know nothing about emulation. My dad especially hates games, while my mum calls ALL my consoles gameboys  :D

My parents = Everything is Playstation.

Yeah, my parents don't like the fact that I still play video games. They think it takes time away from studying and school work. It's so annoying.

Yeah, like that will affect my grade!

My parents = Everything is Playstation.

My parents = Everything is Nintendo :rolleyes: only game my dad would play was the first super mario a looooong time ago, I taught him, it was fun... weird as it sounds :)

my mom has always known the names of my consoles....but my dad and my step mom, instead of saying the name of the console, they just call it "video game" w/out naming a specific one

My parents = Everything is Nintendo :D only game my dad would play was the first super mario a looooong time ago, I taught him, it was fun... weird as it sounds :lol:

The only video game my dad ever plays is Super Smash brothers (original) with my six-year old sister :lol: Now that is weird, especially when he thinks it's fun.

My parents are pretty big technophobes so they know nothing about emulation. My dad especially hates games, while my mum calls ALL my consoles gameboys  :lol:

parents like that don't seem to understand that working and studying for 100% of the time is a sure-fire way to get a nervous breakdown. The only times I study day and night is when I am revising for exams, other than that you NEED a break otherwise not only will you get a nervous breakdown, you'll make mistakes in your work and be too tired to notice them.

If I didn't have games, and this forum, to distract me I'd probably be drinking like a fish because I need something to relieve the stress of uni. Games just happen to be the perfect stress-releiver. To me there's nothing better than beating up or blowing the sh*t out of something in a controlled, simulated environment to releive the stress of a day at uni.

Edit: re-reading a few of these posts got me thinking. The reason why parents call all of our consoles gameboys (or nintendos or playstation or whatever) is because they never had any first-hand knowledge of these consoles themselves. Given that many of us have made pledges right here on this forum that we'll play games forever, what will our attitude to gamesbe once we become parents?

Edited by random guy

My parents are pretty big technophobes so they know nothing about emulation. My dad especially hates games, while my mum calls ALL my consoles gameboys  :lol:

My mom used to be like that, and still is, to a degree anyway. My mom sometimes totally freaks out if she sees me playing games for 5 hours non-stop (yeah, I can do that, especially with RPGs). :lol:

Although I think she has come to realize that she can't suppress my love for games no matter how hard she tries.

Your dad probably has seen the whole video game scene grow from commodore to xbox.I noticed older people either go two ways don't unde\rstand what we see in games or love them as much as us.Be happy your dad is the P.I.M.P he is and maybe give him some pointers on which games are great.MUCH LOVE GAMERS

THE DON