Parents And Emulation

Diso

Just recently, my dad was fiddling around with his Pocket PC like he always does. Next Thing I know, I hear bubble bobble music coming out. Now, he has a nes/gens/snes/gba/gb emulators for the pocket pc. He is frantic in downloading roms for the pocketpc even though he doesn't know which old games are good...

I find that a little funny though. My dad who is probably over 50 is getting excited over emulation :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.  My parents are always like, "That's illegal, we better not get fined, let's go camping in the ocean!!!!!!!"

It get's really annoying.

lol. Most roms are so old no one cares about them anymore :lol:

The only ones that are protected are dbz and squaresoft games :lol:

Just recently, my dad was fiddling around with his Pocket PC like he always does. Next Thing I know, I hear bubble bobble music coming out. Now, he has a nes/gens/snes/gba/gb emulators for the pocket pc. He is frantic in downloading roms for the pocketpc even though he doesn't know which old games are good...

I find that a little funny though. My dad who is probably over 50 is getting excited over emulation :)

:D You don't know how old your dad is?

I don't know how old my dad is either...is that a bad thing?

Well by the time I get that old, I'll have enough dough to just buy the arcade machines and systems. :D I'll even donate to the emulation scene.

But my parents don't care about this kind of stuff unless I can get in trouble for it, which I can't.

I am a parent and I have been into emulation since the early nes emu days. see the thing is I remember mowing lawns for that new nes game, lol *in his best grandpa voice* "you young whipper snappers and your confounded interweb emuromulus toys"

my parents aren't into emulation...though no matter what little illegal thing I do on this comp, my mom doesn't mind, no, seriously, she doesn't.

Though my dad doesn't live here though, he's not opposed to emulation either