Svc Weak Boss

Actually, All bosses and hidden bosses (Shin Akuma, Serious Mr Karate, Athena, red arremmer) have been weakened if you choose them yourself. The damage they produce is much less, just to make things fair if you vs another human player.

thats just for Shin Akuma and Serious Mr.Karate. Red Arremer and Athena are still are strong as they are.

unlike the first 2 which can be played (with a code) in the AES version of the game (console mode), Athena and Red Arremer never meant to be playable characters in anyway (they dont even have endings).

Edited by Xeon

thats just for Shin Akuma and Serious Mr.Karate. Red Arremer and Athena are still are strong as they are.

unlike the first 2 which can be played (with a code) in the AES version of the game (console mode), Athena and Red Arremer never meant to be playable characters in anyway (they dont even have endings).

Bleh, I own them up either way.

PS, I would argue you on that point. In the PS2 version, they are availiable to choose as long as you beat survival mode. My buddies use Athena and Red Arremmer on me and they're not that strong.

Edited by NeoMaster

Bleh, I own them up either way.

PS, I would argue you on that point. In the PS2 version, they are availiable to choose as long as you beat survival mode. My buddies use Athena and Red Arremmer on me and they're not that strong.

In the Arcade and the AES (The Neo-Geo). We weren't talking about the PS2 port. Sure, SNK Playmore has toned down Athena and Red Arremer as they can be unlocked via the Survival Mode.

Edited by Agozer

I was shocked when I saw that Shin Akuma was weaker than Akuma. I was like "What the hell?!?! He's supposed to be TRUE AKUMA!!"

But then I read somewhere why it was like that...damn SNK. :P

Also, to add to Agozer's post, the AES and MVS are very similar. In fact, you can play MVS games on the console w/ a converter as long as the game doesn't have console protection (i.e. Matrimelee). You could use the uni-bios to bypass that though. In fact, you could put the roms from an AES/MVS board in the other and they should play like they were the console/arcade version.