Cursed Psx Iso's - Images Of The Hexxed Grasp!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i meant "dumb" i meant that people don't think what could be wrong with their consoles or meybe they do but prefer to spend their money and buy a new one, i can't do that, but most of the time the problems are the lens or the tray that act like crazy, i know this because the other forum i hang is about ps2, and their problems and 95% of the time find a solution for it. As for example Prica25, he hangs at xbox-scene's forums as prican24 in emulation section and he helped me a lot with the neo geo roms, thanks man!!, i go to http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=15, there you can ask anything related to your ps2 or http://forums.afterdawn.com/ (they should payme for doing this :P )

IMHO i don't think the problem is with the iso, it has to be something else.

When i meant "dumb" i meant that people don't think what could be wrong with their consoles or meybe they do but prefer to spend their money and buy a new one, i can't do that,  but most of the time the problems are the lens or the tray that act like crazy, i know this because the other forum i hang is  about ps2, and their problems and 95% of the time find a solution for it. As for example Prica25, he hangs at xbox-scene's forums as prican24 in emulation section and he helped me a lot with the neo geo roms, thanks man!!,  i go to http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=15, there you can ask anything related to your ps2 or http://forums.afterdawn.com/ (they should payme for doing this :P  )

IMHO i don't think the problem is with the iso, it has to be something else.

Like I said before, its for not for the technologically challenged. Most PS2's that came out during/around/2 months after the launch have lense problems which is fixable and a CD/DVD Rom speed problem which is only fixable on some later models of the PS2.

Did you actually try to play the cursed disc in a modded PS1???

Actually, i've only tried playing it in the PS2, I don't have a ps1, heheh. After I found out it was cursed, I crushed the cd into a hundred pieces (seriously, I just tried to snap it in half and it exploded into a bunch of crumbs.)

@Lancerx

It makes me frustrated that you persist that its my ps2! Really, if you want to see for yourself to see which is the screwed up factor. Feel free to head to

-Link removed. Read board rules.-

and download FF5 from the iso section. Then we will see who's screwing what.

Well, to tell you honestly, I really don't want you to download it, and other people who read this topic. Please don't, I rather be thought of as wrong idiot, than to put another human being into what i've been through.

Well, I think im getting closer to the answer.

I've concluded that it is not the iso's themselves, I borrowed a friend's psx game and and tried playing it in my ps2. It was burned on a memorex cd, however, after I tried to make a copy for myself on my personal spindle of memorex cds, that grinding stuff happened again!

So, it could be 2 possible reasons why this is happening.

1. The spindle which I bought is defected or different from the other Memorex cd's spindles in some way, the samsung 650 cdr's can't be read by the ps2, and they only work in computers/cd players etc.

2. My burner is messed up and its not making burning the iso's properly.

Edited by NeoMaster

It could be just the medium that it's on. Better check out diffrent possiblities before fixing the spindle.

Okay, I know what the problem is...its the CD's themselves! Today to test my theory, I went out and purchased some single Sony CDR's. I burned an ISO and it worked! I guess it was the spindle of cd's I currently have that are weird in ways only the cosmos knows.

Its really absurd, the cd's I burn using the "defective" spindle work in cd players/cd rom drives/dvd players, but they won't be read by the ps2 drive.

Is it some conspiracy that the big corporations are pulling to stop the ISO scene? Whos knows.

PS.

Im really sorry if i've scared anybody who had downloaded a rom from ******* or was planning to get iso's there. This was just a big mistake on my part. Never before has this type of thing happened before and when it did, I didn't know what to do about it.

Its just really strange how this CD memorex spindle i bought (plus the samsung 650's individually wrapped) won't work in the ps2 drive. I know Memorex cd's work for burning iso's, but for some reason, not this particular pack i have.

Edited by Agozer

its not weird why it won't work, some ps2 drives are picky on media you use and you just learned which it doesn't like hehe

at least you can use the rest on music and data ;)

i personaly use verbatim cdr's i get from sam's club (23 bucks ain't bad for 100pk). i also use verbatim dvd-r's but i perfer ritek dvd-rs more (cheaper :D )

Edited by Prican25

its not weird why it won't work, some ps2 drives are picky on media you use and you just learned which it doesn't like hehe

at least you can use the rest on music and data ;)

i personaly use verbatim cdr's i get from sam's club (23 bucks ain't bad for 100pk). i also use verbatim dvd-r's but i perfer ritek dvd-rs more (cheaper :D )

Im guessing this 100 pk for 23 bucks is in american dollars...am i correct?

If its Canadian...im going straight to sammies!