:-*snes Gems*-:

Hello, I've decided to make a topic dedicated to displaying various Snes games that didn't have very much spotlight, but are a blast to play. Every week or so, I may add a new title here but who knows. Feel free to share your information about any games shown here, or advise us to try out a game that needs some attention.

=========================================================

The first game is.......

Firemen, The

=========================================================

Recently for the PS2, there was a game that was just released called Fire Fighter F.D. 18 (Im not too sure if the numbering is correct). I've read the review for the game, and to my surprise, it reminded me greatly about an old game that i've played for the Snes. In the game, your objective was to save survivors and battle flames and fire bosses. I've also noticed that all the reviews I've read didn't even mention the old Snes game that it was based on. Was it such a bad game that no one wanted to mention it? No, I don't think so. In the Firemen, you control a Firefighter with an infinite supply of water. Alongside you, there is a trusty companion with an axe who chops down flames for you. I know it sounds weird, but it works! The graphics are great, the characters themselves are well drawn. The fire effects are awesome to see. They spread and swarm you, as you battle them. The AI partner is pretty smart too, and he never seems to get in your way. Well, I hope everyone who reads this plays this game. I guess I don't really need to mention the source, since Snes games are all over the place these days.

So I leave you with some screens.

The%20Firemen%20-%20Ingame%203.gif

Firemen_The-2.gif

I suggest you take a look at Umihara Kawase, Violinist of Hameln, Wonder Project J, Chaos Seed, Treasure Hunter G and Dual Orb 2....just to name a few.

Whoa whoa, slow down Agozer. It would also be nice if you could give a small preview of the game and maybe some screens?  :D

Fine, fine....Pics can be found at http://www.vgmuseum.com

Umihara Kawase: A bit weird, yet captivating game aboujt a little girl that has to go trough various levels just using her fishing pole. Interesting concept and works great. English translation available.

Wonder Project J: Another wierd game, in which to you must teach and android kid how to do things the right way. For example, you have to teach him not to throw a red ball inside the house, not to strange the cat (if my memory serves me correct)

and all kinds of other stuff. I don't remember the actual goal of this game, since I haven't played this in quite a while. English translation available.

Violinist of Hameln: Excellent and colorful platformer that features a violinist. :)

English tranlation available.

Treasure Hunter G: One of the best RPGs Squaresoft has ever designed, too bad it never had an english release. Innovating battle system in incorporates a grid of sorts. English translation available.

Chaos Seed: Another great RPG without an english tranlation. I've just started playing this, so I'll give more info when I know more. I've had this game for a while, but since it's text-heavy it might turn down some players.

Dual Orb 2: Another fine looking RPG that I've just started. More info will follow.

English translation is available.

Edited by Agozer