What Is The Best Nes Emulator Around?

U know,SNES has ZSNES & SNES9x,Genesis has Gens & Kega,but what are the NES emu equivalents of those? Ive hopped around many NES emus in the past (the one im currently using is nnesterj but it hasnt been updated in a while... a long while). Im just asking what is the NES emulator that has the best features and emulates the NES the best cuz ive heard a lot of different responses elsewhere and i want to know for sure wich is THE best so thats why i came here ;). Any help would be appreciated,i hope i can get a quick response if possible. As for me im going to bed..... ;) *disapperas*

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VirtuaNES.

I use NESticle as well, but let's face it, it's somewhat deficient (still does the job to a degree though) and way old....NESticle stays in my collection for nostalgia's sake.

no no no

FCE Ultra is by FAR the best

Both VirtuaNES and FCE Ultra are good emulators, I just forgot to put that in there :spam: It boils down to a matter of taste, really.

I much prefer RockNESx over those others, but all are very accurate emulators.

My preference is due to the graphics options and rom browser.

Nesticle although, is a very INaccurate emulator. Good for playing roms on a 486, but as far as accurate emulation goes, it's VERY inaccurate.

Nesticle although, is a very INaccurate emulator. Good for playing roms on a 486, but as far as accurate emulation goes, it's VERY inaccurate.

Very true. But it was one of the first working NES emulators. It should get a proper funeral at some point. :spam: