Can Anybody Please Email Me Px Hdd Loader V1.3?

SF2MJ

I have a problem with storing certain games in my xbox. For some reason when i go to store "toca driving simulator 2" with px hdd loader v1.2a, i get a message saying a file name is too long. And it won't let me store it in the hdd.

The same thing happens when i go to install the xsnes emulator with a whole lot of snes roms. It says the same thing.

I had to rename some of the roms to smaller names for it to let me install it in the hdd.

Why is this happening?

I was told px hdd loader v1.3 might overcome this problem. Or dvd2xbox.

I tried getting them off mirc but it's virtually impossible.The queues are soo long.

And another reason why i don't like going to mirc. Everytime i go there a get a virus called BKDR_IRCFLOODER.X

Which i have to delete with trend micros online virus scan.

So can somebody please email PX HDD LOADER V1.3 and DVD2XBOX if they have them?.

My email address is SF2MJ@CHEAP.NET.AU

How do you rename a game?. What file do you rename, because i finally installed the new game "TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator"into my xbox HDD.

I used dvd2xbox.

I found the folder with the game in it. And renamed the folder. But i don't think it changed the name of the game.

What file do i have to rename?.

It also starts playing off the hard drive...then the screen just goes black and i get nothing...no sound or picture.

I tried seeing if it needed to be patched. But it said it was already patched.

I have PX HDD loader v1.3 now. And that doesn't seem to run the game either.

How do you rename a game?. What file do you rename, because i finally installed the new game "TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator"into my xbox HDD.  I used dvd2xbox.  I found the folder with the game in it. And renamed the folder. But i don't think it changed the name of the game.  What file do i have to rename?.

OK, first, the name of the game that you see displayed in your games menu once the game is loaded is stored in the default.xbe file. You shouldn't need to change that unless the name is just too long in your menu. What was probably happening earlier was HDD Loader was probably reading this name and trying to make that the name of the folder it was going to copy the game to. That name is too long to be a file or folder name since it exceeds 42 characters. But it's fine if that's the name that appears in your games list since it's being read from inside of a file and not the name of the file itself. Does that make sense?

If you do want to change it, you can do it a couple of ways. One, you can get a hex editor and open up the default.xbe file. You will see the name near the top (usually on the right hand side of the screen). This can be a bit intimidating though. Or you can use a program like XBE Renamer (may need to right-click the link and do a "save target as") to change the name in the default.xbe file. With XBE Renamer you can just point it toward the default.xbe file and it will show you the name and allow you to change it. It can even use FTP to change the file while it's on your XBOX. The Avalaunch dashboard has a built in feature that allows you to change the names, but if your using Evox then your best bet is XBE Renamer.

It also starts playing off the hard drive...then the screen just goes black and i get nothing...no sound or picture.  I tried seeing if it needed to be patched. But it said it was already patched.

Not sure, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the name of the game. DVD2XBOX tells you how many files failed to copy... did all the files copy correctly when you used it?

Also, if you want to copy a bunch of ROMs to the XBOX in the future, use a program like PreXBoxCopyTool to edit all the names at once so they will copy to the XBOX. Some of the games will end up with the names trimmed off at the end, but you can still usually tell what the game is... and it beats manually fixing the names of a hundred ROMs that didn't copy one by one.

Edited by Thraxen

How do you rename a game?. What file do you rename, because i finally installed the new game "TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator"into my xbox HDD.

I used dvd2xbox.

I found the folder with the game in it. And renamed the folder. But i don't think it changed the name of the game.

What file do i have to rename?.

It also starts playing off the hard drive...then the screen just goes black and i get nothing...no sound or picture.

I have PX HDD loader v1.3 now. And that doesn't seem to run the game either.

the same crap happened to me jus rite now...copied crimson skies and i just get a black blank screen.....any have any solutions to this??

does the game loop back to the dashboard? If it isnt it doesnt required a patch because it isnt a media protection issue...mines just stays blank with no sound or picture until i reset the box.. :P