Playing Import Games On Ps2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before, I've never tried it. I don't know if it's really all that "sloppy." The pictures of it seem to show that it's pretty well made. You just have to remove the screw for the front, stick the card in, and hook the part you need to pull out. If it sucks, ah well, I'm not advocating as I said earlier. Ultimately, you get choose what you wanna do. Me, I'm gonna get a mod-chip (probably a Magic 3 or 5).

Just thought I'd throw in that to be able to play 80 minute disks utitlizing a swap method, you'll also have to purchase breaker pro. Alot of the DVD games that are shared over the net have the movies cut out and our considered "rips". And most rips nowadays, are around 800 meg bin files, so you won't be able to just use the swap magic disks for these. That's where breaker pro comes in. You're better off just gettin' a DMS3 and havin' somebody else install it for you. Granted, it costs more, but it's so much easier, and backups boot like originals. Screw the swap method. BTW, about the dvds that are ripped to CD size, they'll tear your laser up. You're better off downloading whole DVDr's.

'm new to PS1/2 gaming and emulation, so this is what I don't get

I just remembered that there are PlayStations with PAL and with NTSC; here in Eastern Europe there are those with PAL;

My friend lend me his PSOne wich is a PAL one, another guy will give me some Final Fantasies but they are NTSC versions; My question:

what can I use 2 make them work for the PAL version, a Special Boot Disk or a Mod Chip?

Will the Mod Chip damage the small PSOne over time?

And after I burn ISOs on normal CDs why can't I play them on a PSOne?

Can I play them using a Boot Disk?

'm new to PS1/2 gaming and emulation, so this is what I don't get

I just remembered that there are PlayStations with PAL and with NTSC; here in Eastern Europe there are those with PAL;

My friend lend me his PSOne wich is a PAL one, another guy will give me some Final Fantasies but they are NTSC versions; My question:

what can I use 2 make them work for the PAL version, a Special Boot Disk or a Mod Chip?

Will the Mod Chip damage the small PSOne over time?

And after I burn ISOs on normal CDs why can't I play them on a PSOne?

Can I play them using a Boot Disk?

There's a PAL>NTSC converter floading around. But if you have a PS2, you can use the dms chip and the new bios will for a pal game to be played in NTSC mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Will the PS2 read all kinds of DVDs and CDrs? Is it like the xbox where it has different drives and they only read certain one or they read them all?

No, they can read all. But some will read better then others.