Playing Import Games On Ps2

I'm just confused now. I thought the swap disk, CD loader, magic swap, or whatever the hell it's called did not require one to take apart the PS2 unit and tamper around with the hardware. I thought you just insert the swap disk/whatever the f*ck it's called and you could play imports and whatnot.

Yeah, I'm a bit lost here. And why don't stores sell these things and you can only find it online -- not that it's a problem or anything, but curious.

Edited by Captain FuKu

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm a bit lost here. And why don't stores sell these things and you can only find it online -- not that it's a problem or anything, but curious.

Because the legality of "these things" is questionable. ;)

Edited by Agozer

That's why the Slide Card would come in handy.  It's specifically made to pull the tray out.  You won't void your PS2's warranty either, unlike with mod-chips and cases.

haha, man if you only knew that its nothing more then a chipped off credit card ;)

seriously, they just took the old mcdonald's knife trick and marketed it as a plasitc card with a chipped off end to help fit the cog well.

i bumped into a few ppl that goofed this up and has caused ejecting problems but then again, you do this cuz you don't wanna void the warranty ;)

i'm personaly happy with a premodded v7 ps2 with messiah 2 pro mod, love the fact of no swapping :P

Using Swap card will destroy your motor. Thusly not letting you use the eject button. It's cheaper and safer using the fliptop :ph34r:

Edited by DanManXZ

wtf...i dont want anything destroyed man

i think the fliptop is safe enough..the fliptop is just a case where they would have to take off the original case and put on the new one, and only thing that can probably happen is if that person doing it for you or you..accidently spill a drink on it or something

and you cant just swap by pressing the eject button and swapping a disc..NO! because sony "tried" to prevent this by making it so the ps2 will detect the drive being opened and when you put in a new disc..it will check the new disc before proceeding

Edited by ilike2l33ch

wtf...i dont want anything destroyed man

i think the fliptop is safe enough..the fliptop is just a case where they would have to take off the original case and put on the new one,  and only thing that can probably happen is if that person doing it for you or you..accidently spill a drink on it or something

and you cant just swap by pressing the eject button and swapping a disc..NO! because sony "tried" to prevent this by making it so the ps2 will detect the drive being opened and when you put in a new disc..it will check the new disc before proceeding

If someone accidently spills a drink in their PS2 has to be idiot. ;) (i kno what a flip-top is)

before my ps 2 died (I doubt it was cuz of the swapdiscs) I used swapmagic and a flip top. worked fine but swapping gets old fast lol. i didn't think the fliptop was ugly I primered and painted mine white. it looked kick a$$. I got mine from www.flip-top.com can't remember the price but it was around 50 bucks. I installed it my self, it's really easy. a friend of mine just took the top off his ps2 and used the swapmagic discs like that. he hasn't had any problems for like a year. you can make your own slidecard if you don't wanna mess with the case. I can't really comment on slidecards cuz I've never used one.

Theres no difference from using a slide card. My friend destroyed his PS2 from using that little piece of plastic.

EDIT: Fliptop covers are cool looking. Mine has a big Z on top of it. ;)

well i guess your friend isn't that smart cuz theres no way in hell sony can tell that you jammed a card/plastic knife in there or for them to deny you of service if you haven't broken the seal in the back of the ps2 (pull it off and it says void all over the damn thing).

those fliptops come in a bunch of colors and the one that was shown in a pic in this topic is proly the most decent looking one but i don't like that huge Z either ;)

Yeah, the slide is just the knife trick. The plus to it is that you won't screw up hitting the wrong stuff. I don't know how big of an issue it is. I'm not advocating the slide card, as I'd rather use a mod-chip, but I'm just saying, it's an option for those who don't want to void the warranty. The slide card is for those too afraid they'd screw something up or too lazy to bother with making sure they trigger it right.