Playing Import Games On Ps2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The swap trick works by triggering the the motor to eject or replacing the CD/DVD in the drive if you have a flip top. I think the swap tricks should work on any system and probably almost any game. The only problems you may have is if you happened to purchase and use cheap CD-R/DVD-Rs.

The swap trick works by triggering the the motor to eject or replacing the CD/DVD in the drive if you have a flip top.  I think the swap tricks should work on any system and probably almost any game.  The only problems you may have is if you happened to purchase and use cheap CD-R/DVD-Rs.

That sounds like it may cause damage to the PS2??

the swap thing is just cover..where they replace your old ps2 cover with another one that allows a fliptop..just like a ps1..ill try my best to give you an image of it..

ps2flipcover1.jpg

but instead they take off the upper part of the case and it looks ilke this

You still have the push-button ejecting drive..but now they have taken off the upper part and added a lid of some sort so it will act as a ps1(allowing you to swap)..where my friend got it from..he had his come with a CD swapper and a DVD swapper disc..along with installation(costed him only $45)

Edited by ilike2l33ch

I'm pretty sure the other tricks don't hurt your drive. The only problem you *may* have is if you break something inside. That's why the Slide Card would come in handy. It's specifically made to pull the tray out. You won't void your PS2's warranty either, unlike with mod-chips and cases.

the swap thing is just cover..where they replace your old ps2 cover with another one that allows a fliptop..just like a ps1..ill try my best to give you an image of it..

ps2flipcover1.jpg

but instead they take off the upper part of the case and it looks ilke this

You still have the push-button ejecting drive..but now they have taken off the upper part and added a lid of some sort so it will act as a ps1(allowing you to swap)..where my friend got it from..he had his come with a CD swapper and a DVD swapper disc..along with installation(costed him only $45)

I like that, where'd he have it done? A local custome place or did he ship it somewhere.

Cominus, I'm pretty sure they sell them. My cousin's fiancee's roommate bought one for them off the internet. It's easier than soldering a mod chip, but still voids the warranty. If your warranty is already null and void, then go ahead and get it. It *probably* won't harm your PS2. If your warranty is still valid and you'd like to keep it that way, go for the slide card. I've personally never seen the case for sale, though.

it was this place called Frank & Sons..in california..i forgot what city but its near diamond bar or it is in diamond bar..im not sure, it only took 10 minutes for the guy to put it in

you can also do it by taking off the case(leaving the ps2 exposed) of your ps2 also..but you dont want to risk contact with anything in the ps2 do you? espeically the lens..and you dont want the hassle of putting it back in and out after your done

yeah and nothing is done to it internally and wont harm your ps2..so if you want to play online games..DNAS wont detect a modchip or anything and will allow you to play

try looking around your local chinese game stores..you know, those bootlegging ones, that sell both legit and burned games but if you dont have any near you..i guess you'll have to look for one of those sites that will do it for you when you ship it to them

Edited by ilike2l33ch

That's why the Slide Card would come in handy.  It's specifically made to pull the tray out.  You won't void your PS2's warranty either, unlike with mod-chips and cases.

haha, man if you only knew that its nothing more then a chipped off credit card :lol:

seriously, they just took the old mcdonald's knife trick and marketed it as a plasitc card with a chipped off end to help fit the cog well.

i bumped into a few ppl that goofed this up and has caused ejecting problems but then again, you do this cuz you don't wanna void the warranty :lol:

i'm personaly happy with a premodded v7 ps2 with messiah 2 pro mod, love the fact of no swapping :lol:

No swapping is definitely a nice plus. however the swap magic discs do have their advantages.

And the swap magic discs WILL boot original imports. I have tested this on 4 games, Dodonpachi daioujou, Beatmanix iidx 5th style, sengoku musou, and R-type final.

And the hard drive doesnt have to pitch a fit when it detects a mod chip.