Playing Import Games On Ps2

Alright. I'd like to know if there is a way (safe for my ps2, hopefully) to play import games on the PS2 without getting it modified. The reason why I'm asking this is because I often hear people talking about just using a cd loader or fliptop or whatever to play imports without modding. I'm not sure on the "without modding" bit, but it seems like that's what I've heard.

So what exactly is a fliptop or CD loader, or whatever? Can I use these instead of getting the unit modified?

Thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. I'd like to know if there is a way (safe for my ps2, hopefully) to play import games on the PS2 without getting it modified. The reason why I'm asking this is because I often hear people talking about just using a cd loader or fliptop or whatever to play imports without modding. I'm not sure on the "without modding" bit, but it seems like that's what I've heard.

So what exactly is a fliptop or CD loader, or whatever? Can I use these instead of getting the unit modified?

Thanks.

Yes, you can use CD loaders to play imports. You can also play "backups" (MAN, do I love that term; its just so funny :D) with the loader. All for only $15? I say its a sweet deal.

Anon.

Getting CDLoaders(ie Swap Magic) is the best to go. I use them and they are very reliable. There hasn't been I a game I haven't game I couldn't boot. I'm not into Imports really, but backups are my thing so This is best way to go.

As long as you get good/decent CD-R/DVD-R media if you use the swap trick. I don't know if it actually plays imports or if you have to make a copy before you can use it. I asked about the slide card that ConsoleSoure was selling and they said it didn't boot imports, IIRC. The Swap Magic discs have been updated since then, though.

Well, one is a CD and one's a DVD. They work in place of the GameShark 2 and/or original DVD game. They're used in the swap trick method and can be used with such mods as the USB and No Solder. You can get the slide card for extra which works like the knife trick, IIRC.

Not exactly $15, but I ain't complaining. Definitely gonna pick those up. Thanks for the link. thumbsup!

Curious as to exactly how these CDs work though. Oh well, I guess there'd be instructions.

Sorry, i saw it SOMEwhere for $15... don't have the link. But hey, $20 is still cheap, right? :D

Anon.