Kof2k2 State Bound After All!

Wizard

YES! The SCEA has reconsidered and its true! KOF2k2 is State bound! I knew it, I simply knew something was strange when I saw back on EBgame.com pre-order list.

Not only that, It will be bundled with KOF2k3! Price tag so far - 39.99 USD

Oh, but theres more! MS4 (Bleh, better then not getting anything) and MS5 on one disc!

SNK NeoGeo USA has officially announced that it will be releasing two bundle packs for PS2, each with two games on one disc. The bundle will sport two of SNK's most successful series, King of Fighters and Metal Slug. The KoF pack will come out in the winter 2004 and Metal Slug will come out in the spring of 2005. Both will have an MSRP of $39.99.

The KoF pack will include both King of Fighters 2002 and King of Fighters 2003. As for the Metal Slug pack, it will include Metal Slug 4 & 5. All of the packs will include full versions of each game.

It's too good to be true :tears of joy:

Edited by K`dash

Yeah, I just read that on IGN today. Its !@$%ing time they decide to bring it over here. There's one small problem....the Kof Package is going to be released Winter 2004, which means about 6 more months to wait. By that time, the newer and better fighting games are going to be released and I just might forget about this bundle.

Yeah, I just read that on IGN today. Its !@$%ing time they decide to bring it over here. There's one small problem....the Kof Package is going to be released Winter 2004, which means about 6 more months to wait. By that time, the newer and better fighting games are going to be released and I just might forget about this bundle.

KOF2k3's PS2 version hasn't hit Japanese shelves yet, thats why.

They must add more "bonus" because it will have more chance to appel to americans. KOF2k/2k1 Package didn't sell as much as they speculated, it was mostly because the controls were crap and it was 2D.

Gamers these days (as in the Xbox generation) want 3d games.

Yeah I hear ya. 2D games aren't getting enough slack these days. I would really wish that SNK would really give a great bonus, instead of small incentives. Take SvC Chaos for ps2, they just added a few transparencies with the attack...they didn't even add new characters or 3v3 mode!

They should make the kof package online compatible, that would be godly.

I wouldn't go that far bro. I dont prefer 3d to 2d. What keeps a 2 game pack from selling like kof2k1, 2k2, etc.........is CONTENT!!!

We all know that the arcade games are what.........100+mbs uncompressed?

If they do not include Soundtracks, Videos, Interviews, New Stages, Characters, Colors, PlayModes, Remix Audio, etc, etc, etc, etc,.........it will not be an attractive (or smart) purchase.

Now if they created a Kof Anthology or PERFECT pack (2 dvds) 94'-2002

im sure it would be worth it.

If your just gonna drop a few "roms" on a gamedisc, it better have a lot of content.

I agree with above post about ONLINE capabilities.

If you want to say something about gamers expectations, i think the constant want/need from gamers is ONLINE PLAY with fighting games (2d,3d, 1d, who cares D, just make it to where i can pwn the world!)

Edited by N3oGhost

I wouldn't go that far bro. I dont prefer 3d to 2d. What keeps a 2 game pack from selling like kof2k1, 2k2, etc.........is CONTENT!!!

We all know that the arcade games are what.........100+mbs uncompressed?

If they do not include Soundtracks, Videos, Interviews, New Stages, Characters, Colors, PlayModes, Remix Audio, etc, etc, etc, etc,.........it will not be an attractive (or smart) purchase.

Now if they created a Kof Anthology or PERFECT pack (2 dvds) 94'-2002

im sure it would be worth it.

If your just gonna drop a few "roms" on a gamedisc, it better have a lot of content.

I agree with above post about ONLINE capabilities.

If you want to say something about gamers expectations, i think the constant want/need from gamers is ONLINE PLAY with fighting games (2d,3d, 1d, who cares D, just make it to where i can pwn the world!)

Well, depending on your age and such. I would say my generation was the SNES/Genesis time (1991-1998). Which is the greatest generation ever in terms of games. Everything these days are too simple or too fscking strange and easy they don't give that "feel" anymore. With the execption of RPGs.

Were North America. I would still buy these games because I don't want to play them on my monitor or had a 20 foot S-video cable to hook it up to my TV.

KOF2k0 had its AST, which was medicore and KOF2k1 had (god awful) 3D backgrounds. The replayablity on KOF2k was intros to past kofs, boss, more strikers. There wasn't that much 2k1 apart from 3 strikers.

And this generation is 3D is Xbox/PS2. They should stop copying a fighting game "system" thats 2D and make it 3D unless stated otherwise like Rumble Fish. Which handles like a 2D game.

how come you didn't put the thing about mslug4 and 5 being in anothe rbundle as well?

I did

MS4 (Bleh, better then not getting anything) and MS5 on one disc!