Excessive Grabbing Is Cheap!

i know you can learn and adapt but..there are those people that are good that still grab..and they will learn to adapt too..it gets annoying after awhile..being grabbed at least 5 times per round, yeah i may sound like im ranting but hey..wouldnt you get annoyed after awhile too? especially when 98% of the people that you play is an excess grabber..i know how to cancel a grab, i know how to press CD after you block an attack, i know how to do reversals/wakeup attacks too..i am NOT a noob, i KNOW how to adapt but if the person your playing is just as persistent and knows some mind tricks with grabs it just ruins the game, i know its not impossible but it get quite annoying after awhile seeing your character being slammed to the floor repeatedly, because you just get tired trying to figure out what button they are gonna use to grab you..is it C? is it D? who knows?..and no i dont blame the people if i lose..i just think its frustrating to go out like that..i would prefer them to do a combo that took half my life than a grab..i just hate grabs..all my friends think grabbing is cheap no matter how "well" you can adapt to it..back when i was still a noob, i went to the arcade to play some kof2k2..when i accidently grabbed this korean guy he literally stood up and started cussing me out

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah..when i play with my friend he would accidently grab me and i would accidently grab him back..and that would be ok..we would say sorry every time we did a grab

and im not talking about move grabs like.."hcf+K" NO!

Edited by ilike2l33ch

I have only really played two characters in Guilty Gear XX/#R.

Baiken and Potemkin

Baiken can bring the pain hard. combo off her throw, counters, and her seals are a great way to cripple opponents.

Chipp. take away his abilioty to jump. Stifle his mobility, and you will be dealing with a very frustratec chipp player. Sol, Ky, half of the rest of the cast? take away their special moves.

If you really want to kill people, power up baiken from a counter, then do her super move. 3 slashes. itll kill just about ovber half of their life, even on heavy chars such as po, and anji.

I'm pretty good with any given character in GGXX. Baiken, Potenkin, Chipp, and Anji Mito are my favorites. Got to love those Guard Point moves; although the timing is strict as hell.