Excessive Grabbing Is Cheap!

yeah I've hate'd grabbers since sf2 on the snes! a friend learned this ultra cheese jump kick throw in the corner combo and that was it, I wouldn't play with him anymore. I think that tramatic experiance conditioned me not to throw. I hardly ever do it.

Ah SF2 the cheapers favourite game...that game had the most amount of cheaps I have ever seen....I hated losing to the cheapers...;)

But its still the greatest game ever :D

Oh don't remind me! My sister won against me because she always sweep kicked me till I died. I was like "STOP IT! Let me get up!!" :lol: For that I hated SF2 for a while, until I started to play with non-cheapo friends.

ahh the old sweep as they get up trick. :unsure: that was a big mortal kombat thing when I was growing up. that and Guiles jabbing redizzy. :angry:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dotn see how these people can hold their heads up high and be proud of beating someone with a grab..one time this guy told me this "dude, would you like me to combo you instead?" then i said "yes i would like that very much" but instead he just stops talking and continues grabbing

i know how to do wakeup/reversal attacks but they dont always work man..that person could be smart enough to just keep running but at hte last moment they'll block and your in the just waiting to get pounded after doing a f, qcf + P move

it still doesnt mean you have no options though. i believe thats the time you try and play "headgames" with the opponent. a crouching weak attack should at least provide an opportunity or at least a little breathing space.

My friend grabs like crazy. I'll all the fancy moves in a games, but somehow he manages to dodge my moves or grab me in mid-move and throw. The only game that let's me beat him fair and square is Last Blade 2. Because he doesn't grasp the concept of the C+D throw.

hahahaha, like g-klaw i never played excesive grabbers. my opinion is

that a grab should very little damage........ also if u play excesive grabbers u should play extremist style..... like total offensive or total defensive........ also sweeping while the person gets up sucks.....

hahahaha, like g-klaw i never played excesive grabbers. my opinion is

that a grab should very little damage........ also if u play excesive grabbers u should play extremist style..... like total offensive or total defensive........  also sweeping while the person gets up sucks.....

My friend is the excessive grabber/sweeper type. Sometimes it's really aggravating to play against him. He'll throw me constantly if a game has a single button that is used for throws.

Wow... I grab, I turtle, and I do "cheesy" combos. That makes me a walking cheeseball, I suppose.

What amazes me every time are the types of people complaining about grabs, or X, or whatever being too "cheesy" and how that's not a showcase of "skillz" (lol) yet they keep falling for it. That's the thing: they keep falling for it.

Now what does that say about them and their ability to adapt to the situation? But no, of course it's never their fault. No, it's that "cheesy" bastard who's doing X/Y/Z, and dammit, that's just cheap, and I'm obviously the better player! Right....

Seriously, it's not uncommon to see people like these at my arcade. What makes them so lame is that they fail to see that maybe -- just maybe -- the reason they're on this long losing streak could be due to their refusal to see the mistakes they keep making and how they just leave themselves open to damage. And with every loss, they don't reflect on their defeat and see what sort of mistakes they may have made, and hence adapt and improve. Why? Because according to them, it's *never* their fault, and they only lost because that other player was "cheap/cheesy."

Not surprisingly, you don't see these types of people who complain about cheesiness participating in tournaments.

there is no such thing as cheating in a fighting game - it's all about skills

....or using sweeps constantly whenever the other player gets up. :D I don't think of that as a "skill".

Edited by Agozer