Excessive Grabbing Is Cheap!

yeah..thats right, i said it! GRABBING IS CHEAP!! i was playing a couple games of kof2k3 and like 99% of the players grab like a mofo! i cant stand it! how would you like it if you did a jump D, then as you were going to perform a combo, that person GRABS you EVEN though the jump D CLEARLY hit him, this CANCELS out your combo and causes mad frustration! i try to play fairly against people and yes i do know how to counter a grab but after awhile it just gets tired..all i see is..*the guy rolls* as he is about to get up *grab*..also..heres another situation of a frustrating grab moment..

you just did a combo, causing that person to fall on the floor..then as you run next to his body and prepare to do something..right hwne he gets up he GRABS you..then while your on the ground that leaves you open to some mind games..then next thign you know a full bar goes down to half, and sometimes even death!

grabs, although do a moderate amount of damage..they DO add up, especially when its a moment where you and your opponent has a hairline of life, but you coulda had alot more if that person hadnt grabbed you..but considering that you never grabbed the person and probably only grabbed him a few tiems by accident or grabbed him by press C because you thought he was going to grab you, that would mean your the better player..but when that person wins..they act as if they played you on the same condition..a grab is not on the same level as a jab or whatever..its a GRAB..grabs are a biatch to get out of and they do 3 times more damage than a jab..whats so hard about pressing f+C or f+D? a little command that can screw up combos..heres another example of a "biatch" grab..

shen does his qcf+C or qcf+A..you block it then as you try to combo him..he just holds the forward button and continuously taps C or D..wouldnt that piss you off? that was clearly a mistake that shen made and YOU as a player is supposed to punish him for that mistake..but instead he grabs you and gets out of it..and even if you counter that grab he still gets away..like wtf man

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i also hate turtlers too..but..what i hate more is people that turtle AND grab(excessively)..but i know a great strat against a turtler..TURTLE HIM BACK..i wish the same could be said about grabbing but form e..it just doesnt feel right to switch from playing fairly to sinking to their level and grabbing

I've never had the chance to play an excessive grabber but they sound like cheap assholes. The only people I get to play against are super ultra combo spitting machines. I guess I'd rather die by the hand of an awesome combo than some grabber.

yeah I've hate'd grabbers since sf2 on the snes! a friend learned this ultra cheese jump kick throw in the corner combo and that was it, I wouldn't play with him anymore. I think that tramatic experiance conditioned me not to throw. I hardly ever do it.

yeah I've hate'd grabbers since sf2 on the snes! a friend learned this ultra cheese jump kick throw in the corner combo and that was it, I wouldn't play with him anymore. I think that tramatic experiance conditioned me not to throw. I hardly ever do it.

Ah SF2 the cheapers favourite game...that game had the most amount of cheaps I have ever seen....I hated losing to the cheapers...;)

But its still the greatest game ever :unsure:

Ah SF2 the cheapers favourite game...that game had the most amount of cheaps I have ever seen....I hated losing to the cheapers...;)

But its still the greatest game ever :unsure:

Oh don't remind me! My sister won against me because she always sweep kicked me till I died. I was like "STOP IT! Let me get up!!" :D For that I hated SF2 for a while, until I started to play with non-cheapo friends.

yeah..thats right, i said it! GRABBING IS CHEAP!! i was playing a couple games of kof2k3 and like 99% of the players grab like a mofo! i cant stand it! how would you like it if you did a jump D, then as you were going to perform a combo, that person GRABS you EVEN though the jump D CLEARLY hit him, this CANCELS out your combo and causes mad frustration! i try to play fairly against people and yes i do know how to counter a grab but after awhile it just gets tired..all i see is..*the guy rolls* as he is about to get up *grab*..also..heres another situation of a frustrating grab moment..

you just did a combo, causing that person to fall on the floor..then as you run next to his body and prepare to do something..right hwne he gets up he GRABS you..then while your on the ground that leaves you open to some mind games..then next thign you know a full bar goes down to half, and sometimes even death!

grabs, although do a moderate amount of damage..they DO add up, especially when its a moment where you and your opponent has a hairline of life, but you coulda had alot more if that person hadnt grabbed you..but considering that you never grabbed the person and probably only grabbed him a few tiems by accident or grabbed him by press C because you thought he was going to grab you, that would mean your the better player..but when that person wins..they act as if they played you on the same condition..a grab is not on the same level as a jab or whatever..its a GRAB..grabs are a biatch to get out of and they do 3 times more damage than a jab..whats so hard about pressing f+C or f+D? a little command that can screw up combos..heres another example of a "biatch" grab..

shen does his qcf+C or qcf+A..you block it then as you try to combo him..he just holds the forward button and continuously taps C or D..wouldnt that piss you off? that was clearly a mistake that shen made and YOU as a player is supposed to punish him for that mistake..but instead he grabs you and gets out of it..and even if you counter that grab he still gets away..like wtf man

A combo's definition is a series of moves where if the earlier hits connect, the subsequent hits would be unblockable. Therefore, if your jump D can be countered before the next move came out, it clearly isn't a combo. No one to blame here but yourself for your move execution timing.

2ndly, learn to use wakeup/reversal attacks, that's what they're for if you ever find yourself flat on your back.

I always hate computer characters know for their excessive "grabbiness," such as Zangief and Hugo. I always use Chun-Li, but she can be considered cheap since her lightning kick is so easy to pull off. Personally, I feel playing as E. Honda (especially versions where he can move forward doing the hand slap) and Blanka were cheap. Blanka usually turtled and did his "shocker" move and, if you weren't looking, he'd do his rolls and roundhouses.