A Weird Happening

Agozer

My computer always decides to randomly shut down for no purpose. and then sometimes my screen will turn purple... but I figured it was no big deal. Could it be a virus or something?

Scan for the MSBlaster worm....definitely a virus, IMO.

My computer always decides to randomly shut down for no purpose. and then sometimes my screen will turn purple... but I figured it was no big deal. Could it be a virus or something?

one of my pcs restarts itself about 3 or 4 times aday for no reason. I've never been able to figure out why. but it seems to happen more with winXP when I am running 98se it doesn't do it so much.

OMG ITS THE END OF THE WORLD

Having power surges at on the same day, conincidence? MAYBE NOT ;)

One of my monitors doesn't show the color red...

It's really annoying, it makes the screen too dark.

I once had a really old 13" NEC monitor that did that. I had to hit on the side repeatedly for it to show red. Then I smashed it with a hammer after I got my new monitor. I should have donated it to the Salvation Army...but oh well, that monitor deserved to die.

if something like that is the work of ghosts - my monitor must be a haunted graveyard. Here's why, sometimes my monitor just randomly goes into the setup mode *that you usually have to press a button to access* and starts fiddling with its own controls. Often I have to press the button heaps before it stops happening because it will often turn the set-up mode on itself, i'll turn it off, it'll turn it back on etc...for 5 or 6 times. Also, my monitor often (such as when it go into powersave/screensaver mode when a game is running) shrinks itself really small, so that the horizontal setting is at about 30% where its usually set at 70%. But the weird thing is all this is happening to the monitor, a hardware thing, not software which is prone to bugginess. I don't get it.