In Memory Of My Ps2

Inky

well that's it my ps2 is dead. it's lasted since launch and taken a near fatal header off the entertainment center last year rendering the dvd drawer useless. (thank god for fliptops) it just won't load anything anymore. I've tried it all. cleaning, canned air, tape on the discs roughed up the white magnet thing. it just won't spin up a disc to the speed required. :D anyone got other ideas?

my dc and psx have outlived my ps2

I don't think I'll be getting a replacement unless I find a cheap used one.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried it upside down. my mates psx had to put on its lid to make games load. worked everytime.

have you ever considered senfing it to Sony? they will most likely fix it as long as it isnt chipped, otherwise they wont touch it

if he said he roughed up the magnet with the white thing around it, he obviously opened it. The sony ppl won't even touch your ps2 if its been opened cause it makes the warranty useless

Damn thats too bad man. I think you should just get another. I bet trying to repair it yourself would be too time consuming and probably cost you a bit to buy the parts. PS2's are cheaps these days, I payed 450 for mine and nowadays its only about 200 or so. (Canadian dollars of course)

Edited by NeoMaster

I feel sorry for your Garage....My Launch PS2 has never given me any problems and has so far worked like a charm....

You should of just sent i back to Sony instead of messing around with it...just sell it for parts (if there are any that still work) and save up for a new one...

well that's it my ps2 is dead. it's lasted since launch and taken a near fatal header off the entertainment center last year rendering the dvd drawer useless. (thank god for fliptops) it just won't load anything anymore. I've tried it all. cleaning, canned air, tape on the discs roughed up the white magnet thing. it just won't spin up a disc to the speed required. :D  anyone got other ideas?

my dc and psx have outlived my ps2

I don't think I'll be getting a replacement unless I find a cheap used one.

hey man my ps2 died too. I had mines since march 22nd 2000 [couple weeks after LAUNCH] SCPH-10000 ha ha

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

since it's a launch system the warrenty is way dead long before I opened it up. but sending it so sony would almost cost as much as a new one. I'll look into a new laser and motor assembly. maybe I can come up with something. as I've said before, if it weren't for smackdown and macross I'd never play my ps2 anymore anyways.