Religious Things That Make The World...

Wizard

one thing thats always got to me about god, is say, he did exist and created the universe and he is all powerful THEN he asks everyone he made to worship him because he created it (yeah, i know about free will and all that). i find that a bit much. why should we cant you just be happy with what you made god? WHY? WHY?

Ermm......let me try to answer your question.....

According to Bible, God created men to help Him govern over the world He created. But God also give men the freedom of will. THe will to choose whom to believe, whom to love.

Ermm....does that answer your questions? :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing thats always got to me about god, is say, he did exist and created the universe and he is all powerful THEN he asks everyone he made to worship him because he created it (yeah, i know about free will and all that). i find that a bit much. why should we cant you just be happy with what you made god? WHY? WHY?

Ermm......let me try to answer your question.....

According to Bible, God created men to help Him govern over the world He created. But God also give men the freedom of will. THe will to choose whom to believe, whom to love.

Ermm....does that answer your questions? :D

Who ever said the Bible is right? As far as I'm concerned, the Bible is as true as an Ann Rice novel.

Man, GryphonKlaw, didn't you know those books are all factual? :lol: I personally don't believe that all of the stories in the Bible are true, much less viable. Some of them require a stretch of the imagination, much like other mythical tales. If you're willing to believe in the supernatural, though, then all of it could have happened.

I'm not a believer in the supernatural, as with god, or any other religion for that matter. I think the idea is all a bit too far fetched, but thants just my opinion and I would not ask anyone to change their opinion, but its all interesting stuff :lol:

People tend to categorise anything that can't be explained logically as "supernatural".

When we manage to explain the "supernatural", it is called a "scientific discovery" !

:D

What's considered supernatural are things that defy physical laws. Most things we don't understand don't usually fall under supernatural anymore since we aren't as superstitious as previous generations. It's scientific discovery when we figure out how something actually works or how to expand the laws to fit our new understanding of "nature."

Ermm....does that answer your questions? :unsure:

not really, it was a Rhetorical question. i think any being who creates people and wants worship has problems

and if god is Infallible why does the bible change from old testiment "eye for an eye" to new testiment "forgive and love"

you can say the bible was not written by god but by man

but the bible is suposed to be the word of god

Ps i recomend you all listen to talking heads - heaven

thats what i reckon heaven would be like :o

PPS i like this thread but i don't think we are using the word "Dude" enuff, we need to dumb it down :)

Edited by SWAMP_THING

I have more, so don't silence me yet oh so ones of the none believers! (Crap, I'm sounding like a preacher.) I give you the Gnostic self-defeatism, which is; was Jesus = God? Whose covering heaven?

Jesus isn't a god at all, he was just an educated man ; nothing more.

False Gods = Death. Unbelief = Death. Wicca = Death. Incest = Death. Swinging = Death. Bestiality = Death. Spamming = Death (burnt by fire one would hope). Queer = Death. Adultery = Death.

In fact, all those ugly immoral social acts don't bring directly Death, but they bring diseases or psychic/psychological troubles.

10 commandments is the best thing to respect coz they guide to common sense & teach to become responsible.

Edited by Mr.X

In the Bible, the punishment for most/all of those acts is death. SwampThing, I agree about the change in God from Old to New Testament. That's probably the reason Gnostics believe that the Old and New Testament god's are completely different. They believe that the New Testament god is actually a woman.