Religious Things That Make The World...

Wizard

I only looked at the first page, about the commandments violating ammendments, and he didn't prove anything - he didn't even put up the first ammendment as a comparison. he just said, yep, that commandment violates the first ammendment all right! The only good argument he could come up with, and the only one in which I agreed with him, was for the coveting commandment - it is definitely true that capitalists strive to create a covet-ridden society; how else would they sell their products if you weren't jealous of that dude with surround sound in his car?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.S. Constitution

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

2nd Edit: It applies to those living in the Untied States because the Bill of Rights is flawed when compared to the 10 Commandments.

Edited by K`dash

U.S. Constitution

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

2nd Edit: It applies to those living in the Untied States because the Bill of Rights is flawed when compared to the 10 Commandments.

Well I can see how that knocks out 1, 2 and 3 but I don't know about the other ones.

Well I myself am a very spiritual person in that I believe there is a higher power in the universe - mainly because I refuse to believe that all this happened by accident. However, I tried christianity and it didn't really gel for me, and it was mainly because of the bible.

This book, supposedly the 'word of god' was written 200 years after the death of Jesus, then rewritten in during the dark ages to update it for a feudal generation (ie make it the king & queen rule by 'divine right', then again by King James - to make it more palatable to the common-folk, and the bible most people read is the 'good news bible' which is another rewrite to make it appeal to a more sophisticated generation, then there's the 'gideon's bible' (the one in all the hotel rooms) that's different too...and now they're trying to rewrite the bible to appeal to a technocratic generation, and another version in Aussie Slang....

Aaargh! how is this expected to be 'the word of God' anymore if the whole thing was supposedly written 200 years after the fact, and has since been changed so many times it would hardly resemble the first one anymore?

Plus, how many people knew that Easter was originally a Pagan holiday? When the church was trying to convert the pagans, they said "oh, we've got that holiday, too!" so that catholocism seemed more appealing!

There is a higher plain of existence is what I believe. Not heaven, nor hell, more like an obmil. You still walk in normal plain, but within the higher plain of existence where only those who have "crossed" you might say will be able to see you, continuing life as it was in the previous plain.

Heres some more stuff you can read on.

Well, so is Christmas (a Pagan holiday). Most theologists believe Christ was born sometime in the Summer or Fall (not sure about this, but it was before December). The Catholic Church is notorious for converting local gods into Saints. Whatever god the people worshipped this and that was replaced by the Patron Saint. The beginning of the Bible was supposedly written by Moses who came along several years after many of the events were to have happened. Honestly there is no evidence of any form of after life and the reverse can be said. I'm not sure what to believe, but I definitely do not like organized religion. It gets too political anymore.

No political debates here just us (anti)Christians. Also, Agozer, could you get any cheesier without actually becoming cheese? Oh yeah, I say blah to my own *attempted* joke. Come on, man, Christians doesn't sound a whole lot like chickens. Oh yeah sorry back on topic. Umm.. nm.

No political debates here just us (anti)Christians.  Also, Agozer, could you get any cheesier without actually becoming cheese?  Oh yeah, I say blah to my own *attempted* joke.  Come on, man, Christians doesn't sound a whole lot like chickens.  Oh yeah sorry back on topic.  Umm.. nm.

Hahahah...well, maybe. I didn't bother to read all the comments because this really isn't my thing. :unsure: Let's make blue cheese while we're at it.