Virtua Fighter

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I say it, can I say it? Puhleeeeeeeeze?

Ahem. "WHAT THE EVIL BUMP!!!!"

Oh my god, people are quoting us on other sites! Does that make us all 1337?

I totally disagree with everything you say, Dandy, but, er, nice post nonetheless.

OK I posted this on VFDC like 10 bazillion years ago but I'll copy and paste it here to get some arguements started  :D

From VFDC:

The problem with that thread is that none of those people are good/experienced at fighting games PERIOD IT. They have no proper knowlegde to make a vailid judgement of any of the games that were mentioned. The only reason fighting games "just aren't the same nowadays" is because they apparentely were not aware of high level play until recentely. Fighting games have ALWAYS been like they are now. There have always been imbalances, infinites, turtling, and abuseable moves. It's just now they are aware of it. They talk about how fighting games used to be better...no, it's because "back in the day" they sucked at fighting games, but everybody else did too, so it didn't matter. Now, everybody their age who are still playing fightng games are playing at a higher level while they are still scrubs. Wanting to win without practice it seems.

For example, 3rd Strike was praised a couple times in that thread. Cominus said: "play SFIII, it's all about skill in that one, once you master the parry it's over". Well guess what? That's total bullshit. Most good players hardly EVER parry, only when it's absolutely necessary, because it puts you at risk for mixups that you can't option select out of. If Cominus had ever played a good Chun, Ken, or Yun, I bet he would hate that game just as much as CvS2. People also praise Garou MOTW. It's just as unbalaced/flawed as any other game. Kevin runs that crap, but harly anyone plays it at a high level, so they are unaware. If people did play it, they would hate on Garou along with every other new fighting game.

Speaking of being unaware, Shibathedog said: "you know what it is? The games are more slow paced now, and more people can get good at it that way, so pretty much everyones a master, which blows, its just whoever makes the first mistake loses, I prefer old fighters against new ones, or at least 2D ones over 3D ones (most of the time, Soul Calibur is probably an exception, NOT soul calibur 2 though VF4 too)."

If anything, games are faster now. It's the players that have changed. The description "whoever makes the first mistake loses" fits old games more than it does new ones. Have you ever played ST? That description fits that game to a T. Furthermore, if you make a mistake, do you expect the other player not to punish you for it as hard as they can? Again, nothing new, just the fighting game community passing you by.

angsty... but flockin RIGHT :D

Wow fatal you are a spammer from hell! Stop spamming! :spam::D:D:spam::spam::spam2::spam::spam2::spam::spam2::spam2::spam:

Thats you man, and how come every other "Guy suddenly new to this thread and hopes of getting VF to win the peoples hearts over" always has to refer to me? Why the hell is that!!!!!!!!!??? How the flock do they know me and what I have posted like over 1-2 months ago when their azzez just joined today!? Why is that? and they always have to spam on me, not somebody else, or just everybody in general, but me? Why do they always have to have a stupid screen name too? and why do they all always say the same thing in the same specific way about the same specific stuff? I wont trash on VF anymore it's a good(for short periods of time) game but you got to cut that BS out about it being super realistic and they only true fighting game that looks like real fighting. You gotta take that fan boy BS some where else.

Wow fatal you are a spammer from hell! Stop spamming! :spam:  :D  :D  :spam:  :spam:  :spam2:  :spam:  :spam2:  :spam:  :spam2:  :spam2:  :spam:

Thats you man, and how come every other "Guy suddenly new to this thread and hopes of getting VF to win the peoples hearts over" always has to refer to me? Why the hell is that!!!!!!!!!??? How the flock do they know me and what I have posted like over 1-2 months ago when their azzez just joined today!? Why is that? and they always have to spam on me, not somebody else, or just everybody in general, but me? Why do they always have to have a stupid screen name too? and why do they all always say the same thing in the same specific way about the same specific stuff? I wont trash on VF anymore it's a good(for short periods of time) game but you got to cut that BS out about it being super realistic and they only true fighting game that looks like real fighting. You gotta take that fan boy BS some where else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Cominus=Cockbite=retard. :lol::lol::lol: No that is not me. Sorry there are just allot of hardcore VF fans out there that can't take people like you making incorrect and stupid comments on there favorite fighting game.

Holy flocking crap...

No need to resurrect old threads dude...

I mean, what the evil bump! © Agozer

But let the flaming ensue! Dandy job Dandy J!

Why are you always cutting on agozer? He doesnt spam that much, oh wait, 4000 post... :D never mined. :D

Wow fatal you are a spammer from hell! Stop spamming! :spam:  :D  :D  :spam:  :spam:  :spam2:  :spam:  :spam2:  :spam:  :spam2:  :spam2:  :spam:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Cominus=Cockbite=retard. :lol::lol::lol: No that is not me. Sorry there are just allot of hardcore VF fans out there that can't take people like you making incorrect and stupid comments on there favorite fighting game.

wow, i'll let you go on that one. This shitake mushroom is retarded, I mean you're retarded. I'M RICK COMINUS, BE'OTCH!