Virtua Fighter

Agozer you walked inside the eye of the storm...I'm surprised this thread hasn't become a huge flame war yet :D

Now that you mentioned it...Yeah, why hasn't this turned into flamefest yet?

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe if the game didn't suck so much, people would actually play it more to find out how deep it really is. Gee haw gee haw  :D  :)  :lol:

PS: The game really isn't that bad.

Maybe if people didn't suck at VF4 maybe it would get the praise it deserves. All I am saying is that before someone insults and downgrades something they should at least play the game long enough and know what they are talking about first.

So you expect people who don't even like the game to sit there and master it so then they can talk bad about it...that doesn't make sense. A game is supposed to enticing and fun from the beginning, not after you master every single aspect of the game.

I'm not going to play 10 hours of a crappy game just so I can come back and say "I played the game for 10 hours, I mastered every move, and the sucks." That's a waste of time. People aren't mastering the game for a reason, because its just not that good to some people.

That would be like me forcing you to take a class you don't want to take just so you can say later "I hate that class."

If the game isn't good enough, people aren't going to want to play long enough to master it. Like me for example, if a game doesn't entertain me the first 10 minutes I play it, I quit it and I may try again later but I usually don't.

But I've already given a lecture on that in your VF vs. Tekken thread.

everyone got thier own opinion and arguing is useless. they aren't gonna change thier minds. now on topic I've said before that VF4 is the only 3D fighter I will play seriously. comparing tekken and VF is like comparing checkers and chess. they both contain the same basic parts but are totally different games. both are fun, but don't appeal to everyone.

So you expect people who don't even like the game to sit there and master it so then they can talk bad about it...that doesn't make sense. A game is supposed to enticing and fun from the beginning, not after you master every single aspect of the game.

I'm not going to play 10 hours of a crappy game just so I can come back and say "I played the game for 10 hours, I mastered every move, and the sucks." That's a waste of time. People aren't mastering the game for a reason, because its just not that good to some people.

That would be like me forcing you to take a class you don't want to take just so you can say later "I hate that class."

If the game isn't good enough, people aren't going to want to play long enough to master it. Like me for example, if a game doesn't entertain me the first 10 minutes I play it, I quit it and I may try again later but I usually don't.

What I am saying is for someone to make false statements on something is just plain stupid. Especially when they don't know what they are talking about. If a game does not interest you fine than don't play it. But when you know nothing about a game and start making comments on it and bashing it is pointless. Oh and for your information VF did not interest me at first, I used to play only 2D fighters, so when I first saw Vf and how different it was compared to the fighters I was currently playing I assumed I wasn’t going to like it. But when I actually sat down and learned how to play it and understand it I realized what a great game it is. If you don't like it fine but don't talk crap about something you know nothing about, that’s all I am trying to say.

On the side note. I will pick up VF4 Evo since I want to know whats all the fuss is about. Maybe to see what Fatal and ForceX sees.

On the side note. I will pick up VF4 Evo since I want to know whats all the fuss is about. Maybe to see what Fatal and ForceX sees.

<_< Great to here that my friend. Remember to spend hours in training mode and arcade mode before you even think about going into quest mode. Oh and you just can pick it up and mash like in Soul Calibur and DOA. But give it time. To truly get good at the game is to complete all of the training exercises. :D

Well VF4 you require skills to win. Training for 4 hours doesn't not mean you will become the best...it takes awhile...but with DOA that is like the easiest game to beat...god a child could beat it...

Thats true...especially with DoA 1 and that stupid exploding ring out sh--t...

God damn, DOA1 was hard. Kasumi always kicked my ass. Just put DOA2 in Very Hard difficulty setting and you've got youreself a challenge. Me and my friend managed to beat DOA2 Tag on Very Hard after, like 7 continues. DOA games are only easy if you play it on Very Easy. <_ me fatal for going off a tangent.>

Edited by Agozer

Well VF4 you require skills to win. Training for 4 hours doesn't not mean you will become the best...it takes awhile...but with DOA that is like the easiest game to beat...god a child could beat it...

Thats true...especially with DoA 1 and that stupid exploding ring out sh--t...

God damn, DOA1 was hard. Kasumi always kicked my ass. Just put DOA2 in Very Hard difficulty setting and you've got youreself a challenge. Me and my friend managed to beat DOA2 Tag on Very Hard after, like 7 continues. DOA games are only easy if you play it on Very Easy. <_< (Excuse me Fatal for going off a tangent.)

No worries my friend. :D As far as I am concerned you run this joint.

What I am saying is for someone to make false statements on something is just plain stupid. Especially when they don't know what they are talking about. If a game does not interest you fine than don't play it. But when you know nothing about a game and start making comments on it and bashing it is pointless. Oh and for your information VF did not interest me at first, I used to play only 2D fighters, so when I first saw Vf and how different it was compared to the fighters I was currently playing I assumed I wasn’t going to like it. But when I actually sat down and learned how to play it and understand it I realized what a great game it is. If you don't like it fine but don't talk crap about something you know nothing about, that’s all I am trying to say.

I'm not making false statements. I'm just saying I don't like it because its too slow for me. That's not a lie. That's my opinion after playing it with friends for like...an hour. I gave the game a whole hour because of that previous thread you made on Virtua Fighter vs. Tekken. And I didn't enjoy it very much. I will say its better than Tekken 4 because it is.

My opinions and views of the game come from my experience of actually playing it so I know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to spend hours and hours in training and playing like you suggest to get the trancedental phase which you seem to experience when you play.

So I'm not talking crap. Maybe if my friends get the new VF4, I might give it another chance but I highly doubt it.