Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vermillion

Re-making Rom Pieces

Recommended Posts

Okay, I'm using a set of ROMS that were verified for FBAx-Ghozt with the new FBA-XXX and I've got the ROMS and pieces named correctly, however there's a couple of pieces which have the wrong size and won't run. Is there a way for me to "build" them to a different size??

 

For instance, these are the pieces that I'm trying to get the right size:

 

264-m1.bin from rotdn.zip needs to be size 128k (mine's currently 64k)

266-m1.bin from pim.zip needs to be size 256k (mine's currently 128k)

263-m1.bin from mslug4nd.zip needs to be 128k (mine's currently 64k)

 

Are there some tools I can use to achieve this or would someone be willing to send me the pieces if you have them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

create a new.txt file

inside, put:

 

copy 264-m1.bin + 264-m1.bin 264-m1.bin.new

copy 266-m1.bin + 266-m1.bin 266-m1.bin.new

copy 263-m1.bin + 263-m1.bin 263-m1.bin.new

 

save the txt document as runme.bat put it in the same folder as all of your m1 files. The 26x-m1.bin.new files are the new ones that should be the correct length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's easy just double the sive by merging one fine with itself.

 

 

ex: copy /b 264-m1.bin +264-m1.bin 264-m2.bin

 

make the new name of the file (264-m2.bin) different from the original and move to a new folder. Now rename it in the new folder back to the original name(264-m1.bin )

It should be double the size and ready to use. now put all other files needed into the folder with the newley sized file and zip.Do not put the original 264-m1.bin into the new folder. Name the zip to the correct name need for the rom to show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent, I'll try it out later tonight. I figured I could possibly put them together like that, but wasn't sure if it would work correctly in the emulator. Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah gogo didn't update the drivers to their proper sizes.

 

all 3 of those games you mentioned really do use 64kb m1's also for anyone getting kof2k1 the m1 in that is 128kb and not 256kb that kawa-x has it set too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...