Play Some Xbox Online!

Shibathedog

so no ethernet port huh? so i guess your modem is hooked up via usb. that ethernet port on your modem is prolly only for connecting the modem with an ethernet cable. go get yourself a nic (network interface card)it'll add an ethernet port to your pc. they only cost about 20 bucks. or a router if you wanna do that but a router costs more then just a basic network card.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so no ethernet port huh? so i guess your modem is hooked up via usb. that ethernet port on your modem is prolly only for connecting the modem with an ethernet cable. go get yourself a nic (network interface card)it'll add an ethernet port to your pc. they only cost about 20 bucks. or a router if you wanna do that but a router costs more then just a basic network card.

Even if he did get a router he would still need a nic (network card).

THis is the easiest way to do it. You'll need the following:

NIC

cross-over cable (its like a cat 5 cable except the wiring is different)

Xbox

xbconnect

Setup internet connection sharing (ICS) or home networking on your pc (it depends what OS u have: win98, win2000, winxp, etc.)

Run the crossover cable from your NIC thats in your pc to your xbox. Then setup ICS and you should be good to go. If you need more help check out xbconnect help and look at setup D.

Damn, why didnt yall tell me this shitake mushrooms before?

heheheh. well I am surprised that your pc doesn't have a eathernet port. but like I sayed. a nic at bestbuy is like 20 bucks.

and as for a crossover cable. if what you have isn't one get an xbox system link cable. it's a crossover cable and it's cheaper then a crossover found in the pc section of your local store.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I probably have the easiest setup, which is one NIC and one ethernet port...xbox in NIC, dsl in Ethernet...I didn't even have to configure anything...just plug and play. Downside is I don't know if the xbox supports internet surfing (via linksboks)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...