Cnn Does An Emulation Article.

Jiggs

I remember reading an article about the beggining and revival of snk at gamespot.com. there were 2 interviews one with a guy named Gamelord

and another with the CEO of SNK of America... both were asked about

what they think of emulation.......

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6089278/

Game Lord interview:

"GS: There's a big NeoGeo emulation scene these days. People dump new arcade games into ROM files just days after they're released, and thousands more people download them for free and play them illegally on their PCs. What are your thoughts on this phenomenon?

CO: It's an interesting dilemma. No one really wants to be the bad guy or spend a lot of money to stop this from happening. However, it is clear that software companies lose a lot of money this way and that many projects don't get funded because of this.

GS: Do you have any advice or suggestions for people who want to break into the game industry?

CO: I think it's a lot different now to break in compared to when I started. There are now a lot of schools carrying subjects such as game design and project management. Also, art schools and technical schools focus more on software development than they did when I grew up. So I guess what I'm saying is, stay in school.

GS: That should do it. Thanks so much for your time."

Ben Herman:

"GS: This next one is a touchy subject, but I couldn't think of a better point to ask about it. There are software emulators that allow people to play NeoGeo games on their PCs. Often, new NeoGeo releases are dumped and playable on these emulators just days after they come out in the arcade. On the Internet, you can't read too far on a message board before someone professes that they're playing SNK's latest arcade release on their computer. What is SNK's position on this phenomenon, and is the company doing anything to curb it?

BH: There are too many--we can't go after everyone--but we pursue legal action as best we can. Like the music and movie industries, we disapprove.

GS: Does SNK have a position on the use of ROM files to play older NeoGeo games, such as Magician Lord, Fatal Fury, and other games from the early 1990s?

BH: Again, we disapprove."

The writer must not of wanted to do this article because it sucked! It sucked so bad, i mean it was terrible, the thoughts weren't concise, there was no flow to the paper the interviewee did not tell us anything and the thoughts were scattered every where, just terrible, i can't believe the editor let him post such garbage!

even their War Coverage sucks...good thing there's mexican channels here who don't censor anything :-D

they didn't even censor anything on the mexican channels during 9/11...you saw was some guy yelling "se estan callendo del edificio!!!!!"(they're falling from the building!!!)...."enseñalo otra vez!"(show it again!)....:lol:....and there was arms and crap too...

...bah

for flocks sake, i cant believe a P166 can run anything decently in MAME nowadays. i mean ive tried the built-in pong game in MAME and all the best i got is a stinking 35 fps on my 300 Mhz machine

that minimum requirement info sounds like a copy from an older article of theirs or another magazine (im referring to Crispin Boyer btw)

even their War Coverage sucks...good thing there's mexican channels here who don't censor anything :-D

they didn't even censor anything on the mexican channels during 9/11...you saw was some guy yelling "se estan callendo del edificio!!!!!"(they're falling from the building!!!)...."enseñalo otra vez!"(show it again!)....:lol:....and there was arms and crap too...

...bah

woot! mexican channels ! duduududuuddu jose luis sin censura! lol i can still remember the topic from when i first saw it "im in love with a manakin"