What Drive Do You Have For Your Xbox?

Alpha

My XBOX has a Thomson. It reads both DVD+R and DVD-R.

I've had experience with all the drives since most of my have modded XBOXs and I'm the only one with a DVD burner. None of my friend's XBOXs have (they all have Philips or Samsung) been able to read DVD+R. But it just could be the brands I've used. Every XBOX I've encountered reads DVD-R. The Thomson reads virtually everything except CDR, but it's also the most likely to die. Fortunately, since I have a huge HDD, my drive rarely has to do any work.

Edited by Thraxen

thomson's read just about any dvd-/+r out (even cheapass dvdrs like princo or kypermedia). mine died a few months back when i first bought my xbox (it was used but i needed it for the mod i had) so now i'm using a normal pc dvd-rom but as you know only the samsung 616t modded can read retail discs.

i just ordered a laser for my old thomson for 20 bucks so i hope that will fix it cuz if it does, hdd is next so i can finally close up my xbox (lid is on like a kangoo hat :lol:)

iv got 3 xbox 2 with samsung reads pretty much everthing and one with a philips it is a bit funny about wat dvdrs work ritek work oki princos only when burned at low speeds and also works with good brand cd-r's

Phillips drives are poopie, they seem to be REALLY sensitive to scrached discs, My Serious Sam game has VERY VERY minor scratches on it because it was used, and it works perfect in my samsung, but in my friend phillips it wont load any level, even if we cheat, we tried every single level because we where bored and none of them would load

BTW, as long as you dont have a phillips drive (hehe) go buy Serious Sam, its 12 dollars, and its a GREAT game