What Drive Do You Have For Your Xbox?

Alpha

thats the funny thing, what region are you in?

Ive read that the samsung's compatibility is always best, but its compatibility differs depending on the region you bought it in

Ive tested DVD-/+R DVD+/-RW CDR and CDRW in my samsung and they all worked perfectly, and im using a 100% unmodded xbox

The brands of CDRs ive tested are

Verbatim

Memorex

Imation

TDK

CDRWs

Verbatim

Memorex

Imation

TDK

FujiFilm

DVD-R

Memorex

Imation

TDK

DVD-RW

TDK

K-Hypermedia

Lead Data

DVD+R

Memorex

TDK

HP

DVD+RW

HP

Sony

TDK

And they all worked perfectly, even when fast fowarding at 2X in a DVD movie it still remained smooth

i have a thompson one............it plays dvd's just fine cd-r/rw no chance in hell unless its a real disc........but it plays back ups fine............dare i not damage my halo!

I have a Thompson drive and the only cd-rw it reads for me is Fuji Film, but later i bought more Fuji Film cd-rw and it did not work with music, only with games! :lol: My Phillips has trouble with fuji dvd-r but not cd-rw, but reads almost everything else that is cd-r/rw and dvd-r. I have not used dvd-rw.

I got a thompson. it reads every dvd-r I throw at it. no cd-r at all but memorex cd-rw works well. I don't care anyways cuz if it is small enough to fit on a cd-rw then I just ftp it to my hdd.

i had a thompson, but replaced it with a samsung, reads anything ive thrown at it so far, cdr, cdrw, dvd+/-

is that true with the regular dashboard? As in, does it read DVD+/- without modding?

Anon.

it would/does read a movie fine, but a backed up game would not boot, but im sure you knew that already...