Hostage Crisis In Iraq!

Tatsuya

What this is hard to believe i was undert the influence that japan was not allowed to have a military, they are supposed to be defended by the United States as part of the treaty following WWII, i guess the treaty is over, I remember they are not supposed to have one, i learned this i government class.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What this is hard to believe i was undert the influence that japan was not allowed to have a military, they are supposed to be defended by the United States as part of the treaty following WWII, i guess the treaty is over, I remember they are not supposed to have one, i learned this i government class.

No, that's actually not true. Japan can have an army but can only use it for humanitarian missions such as the rebuilding of Iraq and for its self defense.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

No, that's actually not true. Japan can have an army but can only use it for humanitarian missions such as the rebuilding of Iraq and for its self defense.

And now they are threatened, because they ARE in Iraq. How ironic is that?

I do remeber the humanitarian part now but why are they being threatened I don't think they can use force.

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, i will say this the United States is being the biggest jerk right now, they say they wan't to free Iraq to protect the homeland, but all they do is invade countries and expose them, and rob them! Like Mexico, and Spain, and Hawaii, and England, and the West!! The U.S. is really agrivating me, i feel for the Iraqis, they had to live with Saddam and now the United States doesn't protect them and the terrorist see this and are trying to free themselves albeit looking like murderers.

this Iraqi rebel group must be contained or there will be more hostage

situations........

That's a tough situation because it has to be done in a perfect balance. They must contain the violence without doing an all out strike on the city. The rebel Ayatollah (forgot his name) has brought together two formally distant sects of Islam to fight against the Americans, which is quite a feat in itself.

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, i will say this the United States is being the biggest jerk right now, they say they wan't to free Iraq to protect the homeland, but all they do is invade countries and expose them, and rob them! Like Mexico, and Spain, and Hawaii, and England, and the West!! The U.S. is really agrivating me, i feel for the Iraqis, they had to live with Saddam and now the United States doesn't protect them and the terrorist see this and are trying to free themselves albeit looking like murderers.

No worries... Most of us here hate Bush. :(

Anon.

I just got my hands on the new book by former Nixon counsel John Dean, "Worse than Watergate." It's about how this Bush administration is more secretive than the Nixon administration.

I just got it yesterday so I haven't had a chance to read much. I'll hit you guys up on a review when I'm done.

I suggest you also grab a copy and read it.