New Fba-xxx With Source

zero5

thanks got most of the roms working but i have a question for samurai showdown 5, i have one 8mb p1 rom, but in winhex it says 1 4mb p1 and 1 4mb p2, do i split it, or something i tried using winhex but i think it ruins my roms

Yes, U're right. U can split them in 2 x 4 Mb with your hex editor or with softs like X-Cut, Hacha or Winsplit.

If U want the updated decrypted P roms with the right CRC to match the ones required by the emu, go to Romshare forum in General emulation/Samsho5 Topic to find the patches : http://bbs.romshare.net (have to be registered, it's free).

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks one more thing, on metal slug 4, how do i get the m1d and m1 roms, i mean they are 64 k i think and mine are 128 k, the game runs fine but the sound crackles.

It's due to the fact M1d 128 Kb is an overdump. Split it in 2 x 64 Kb to get the M1d needed by the emu.

sound crackles can also deal with the v roms if they aren't split unless iq_132's neopcm fix was added (which isn't)

another note, i finally got the source so now i'll begin working on my new compile and will make a dat :unsure:

Edited by Prican25

sound crackles can also deal with the v roms if they aren't split unless iq_132's neopcm fix was added (which isn't)

another note, i finally got the source so now i'll begin working on my new compile and will make a dat :unsure:

Yes, we know the 2 V roms of 8 Mb (each) generate glitches if neopcm fix isn't added in mslug4 driver.

So, we can use the 4 decrypted V roms if neopcm fix isn't added & if we don't want to compil our own FBa-X.

the mslug4nd set in the current version uses 4 vroms but this set is actually considered as a bootleg. i won't change it in my compile but might later on also i just noticed that samsho5 based from kawaks dev drivers are in there, did anyone try this out yet?

the mslug4nd set in the current version uses 4 vroms but this set is actually considered as a bootleg. i won't change it in my compile but might later on also i just noticed that samsho5 based from kawaks dev drivers are in there, did anyone try this out yet?

Yes, about mslug4, the whole set is bootleg ; the 8 Mb V roms 're patched (4 bytes diff. per V).

I already made a compile with samsho5 with P roms matching Kawaks 1.48 Dev driver, I got an error after launching the game.