New Fba-xxx With Source

zero5

the mame/kawaks set is encrypted unlike neoragex set. iq_132 i did try the cthd2003 fix from your site but fba-x b4/fba-xxx locks up during the loading of the rom :angry:

also the neo-pcm2 does work on the original fba-x b4 src (minor gfx error in mslug4 waring screen but plays fine) and it works but when i tried it in in gogo's fba-xxx 5-10 src, all encrypted roms gfx were scrambled :P

i haven't tested it yet in the latest since i'm having probs with compiling it at the moment but i did mention it to gogo and he said he'll look into it for fba-xxx :D

Edited by Prican25

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i tried that and it gave me more errors so i just deleted the project file and used the one from 5-10 and it works fine :P

now for some good news: i finally compiled the latest version with iq_132's neo-pcm2 fix and i'm happy to report it works (still have the minor mslug4 gfx prob with the warning screen but the game plays fine) :angry:

so today expect a new version on newsgroups for those that kept asking and for those that want the xbe to pm me with your email but make sure you have the latest version of fba-xxx's files.

note to what was changed/added:

thx to iq_132 for the neo-pcm2 fix

encrypted versions of rotd and mslug4 are added to the list of roms

ok i'll try it with the latest gogo src

EDIT: tried it again and still the same problem; locks up fba-xxx while trying to load the rom. neopongs do the same thing as well.

Edited by Prican25

• 2 weeks later...

well theres a new version out and from what i read it has updated some neogeo drivers but he didn't mention which but i'm guessing its the 30 roms that got updated a few months back or some other hacks/plus versions of roms.

also was anyone able to get the source for 5-31?

This is the new stuff

- added : customizable neogeo macros (X in controller config menu)

- added : screenshot function

- added : rotate vertical games screen and/or commands

- added : possibility to add a background screen in vertical games

- added : memory card for neogeo

- added : cheats for neogeo (not tested)

- modified : neogeo drivers up to date (plz update your roms with mame romcenter)

- modified : display of controls

- fixed : memory bugs fixed

- fixed : display fix (maybe a little faster)

- fixed : dipswitchs

par rapport a FBAx b4

- fixed neogeo crypted roms not working

- rewrite arcade stick interface (black+white+start to go into in game menu, black-white to change liste) (option in the menu "menu")

- fixed many memory bugs

- Possibility to desactivate macros

- Brand new clean icone for the xbe

- fixed some saves not working in the menu

- Added : Moves menu (Now you can look moves on fighting games, during playing !)

- Added : Codes menu

- Added : Cheats for all games (cps2, cps1...)

- Added : Wma player in rom selection

- Added : Arcade pads are now supported (fast scroll,...)

- Added : No need S1 rom for decrypted roms if they are in the Cx rom

- Added : Backgroung resize fonction

- Fixed : black and white button was inverted

- Fixed : button 5 and 6 was inverted

- Fixed : Many bugs fixed in memory (menu and skins)

- Fixed : Removed many useless reading/writing HDD operations

- Directories bug fixed, now we have 4 independant folders all working, no need to configure anything anymore.

- Button B added to go out of the controller menu.

- CRC On / Off option.

- I rewrote the menu, now the menu name on L/R is working again.

- Change scanlinesTV to scanlines in software filter menu and I delete "none" option (it was linked to simple2x).

- Correction of controls in pop 'n bounce, add of sf2turyu and mahjong final 2 (does'nt work).

Many thx to TigerKnee for :

- Skin selector menu

- Skins are now Fully Customisable (font, font color, size, display, all...).

- The buttons image are not in font.xpre anymore, you can change fonts easily.

- New skins from Artik and duracelleur (font by TigerKnee or HK$).

- I fixed the "bug" for directrories.

- The game button config is now saved by game too (you'll just have to go to controller option while playing (I added this option in the same time)).

- The new options (turbo, overclock,...) are now displayed correctly without having to activate/desactivate them.

- Add of neogeo macros (A+B,...)

- Sort roms by name.

- Fix for ini changing name sometimes

- save of selected bios fixed !! (now, even in universe bios mode, all parameters (mode/region) are saved, even after a reboot!)

- Add of "system 16" (Be warned it is only on early stage, so there is no sound and some commands are not working)

- Possibility to choose 4 different paths for roms (no more mixing!!!)

- Add of 2001 drivers, with the accord of FBA Team.

-mix with the latest source of FBA PC version, cheats in unibios now work in AES mode.

-save of settings in the ini folder of Fbaxxx.

-possibility to choose the differents menus order and to display them or not, and even to return to original version (no menus)

-possibility to overclock neo-geo processor (12 to 18Mhz), it is better in kof97 or metal slug.

-delete of the cube.

-removed neogeo.zip in rom list menu (no reason to be there).

-no crc and no size (works randomly byt the way).

-possibility to activate the turbo mode (like kawaxx, right stick to right).

-new interface with 4 menus (cps1-2,neogeo,others) and moved text to fit on TV screen, the fast scroll command is now on left stick.

-Warning message when launching rom.

-new skins.

-fix CPS1 sound (sound in ghouls,... and cps1 game lagging after launching a cps2 game).

-auto reset when setting dipswitches.

-fix for slow sound in PAL50 mode (but the game is always slow).

-possibility to boot only on universe bios (rename unibios to uni-bios.rom)

-fix for "adjust screen", it is now like kawaxxx

-save of button config by mode (cps1-2, neogeo or other)

You can get the new one at http://board023.hosting42.com/viewtopic.ph...151c183b376fae1

well my thoughts were right, he updated drivers and emu so now you can use the 30 updated roms :lol:

well so far that i tried, i ran into a prob with 3 count bout as its asking for different c roms yet my version is the same mame 82 looks for :lol:

also it says my kotm2 has a v2 file too big yet again it matches mame 82 dat info