New Fba-xxx With Source

zero5

geez they are coming out so fast I can't keep up! I still haven't ftped pricans last build to my xbox! heh.

oh well off to the newsgroups!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, iq_132 has found a way to get sound from encrypted sets of rotd and mslug4 :D

so if it works well for me, expect the next version to include those encrypted rom drivers ;)

UPDATE: ok iq_132's sound fix works on fba for pc but when i try to add it to fba-xxx i get errors :(

i posted a reply to gogo's forum and waiting to see if he woud look at it but for anyone else here willing to try to compile the fix heres the info:

http://www.freepgs.com/iq_132/pages/games/neopcm2.htm

Update 2: ok, it seems the problem is with the src (cannot open or find the following: fba.h, progress.h, musicmanager.cpp, and xlmenu.cpp) i have already compiled the original fba-x src with iq_132's sound fix so i just need fba-xxx to work with me :P

minor note, i tried using the 5-10 release of fba-xxx with the fix and got bad gfx using any encrypted rom ;) but when i tried using the original fba-x src compiled with the fix it works great with a minor gfx flaw in mslug4 warning screen.

Edited by Prican25

Thanks for the file Prican, but I've decided not to go with FBA-xxx alltogether. I use it for some things like Battle Garrega and Ghostlop, but the loading for some stuff is just ridiculously long(Garou-Mark of the Wolves comes to mind). I enjoy FBA-Ghost a whole lot more. It may not have all those little additional features but IMO it doesn't need them. Some stuff still needs to be fixed anyway it seems before the latest release is stable. Regarless, it's a nice addition.

well its all a work in progress and i gotta say that gogo has done an amazing job with a src that was a pain in the ass to deal with since fba-x 4.1 src never got released.

this is all good until a new fba comes out and then hopefully lantus and tmaul will port it so we can enjoy more games :D

btw, iq_132 has found a way to get sound from encrypted sets of rotd and mslug4 :D

so if it works well for me, expect the next version to include those encrypted rom drivers ;)

UPDATE: ok iq_132's sound fix works on fba for pc but when i try to add it to fba-xxx i get errors  ;)

i posted a reply to gogo's forum and waiting to see if he woud look at it but for anyone else here willing to try to compile the fix heres the info:

http://www.freepgs.com/iq_132/pages/games/neopcm2.htm

Update 2: ok, it seems the problem is with the src (cannot open or find the following: fba.h, progress.h, musicmanager.cpp, and xlmenu.cpp) i have already compiled the original fba-x src with iq_132's sound fix so i just need fba-xxx to work with me :P

minor note, i tried using the 5-10 release of fba-xxx with the fix and got bad gfx using any encrypted rom :(  but when i tried using the original fba-x src compiled with the fix it works great with a minor gfx flaw in mslug4 warning screen.

The minor glitch in the mslug4 warning screen is a known bug in most neo-geo emus ;) Even MAME has a problem with it:

This is from MAME.67

neogeo_fix_bank_type = 1; /* maybe slightly different, USA violent content screen is wrong */

Also, this may help with certain compiling problems. If not, I have another idea also.

Replace the main body of code with this:

http://www.freepgs.com/iq_132/pages/games/cygwinpcm2.txt