For Those Who Didn't Believe In Sf4's Production.

saying that garou 2 is in production is like saying that Power stone 3 is in production

i wish that power stone was being made :(

And saying that Street Fighter 4 is in production is like saying Power Stone 4 is in production :(

someone told me on another forum that powerstone 4 IS in production. and he would know so it is true! :P

some yahoo in a forum can say whatever they want and do thier homework and sound like they know what they are talking about but it's all just crap. did this guy in the snk-capcom forum know about the sf3/SFAnniversary bundle before it was officially announced by capcom? prolly not.

Well he knows ppl who frequent the Capcom of Japan offices n employees have been quoted saying they've been working in pre-production stuff. Capcom has also published a book called 'SF Eternal Challenge' saying their next game will be released in 2007/08. Of course most of the ppl here only view this as just ranting speculation on TAS' part, but I think otherwise. 'It's all just crap', oh well, that's fine.

do you have any idea how much can change between now and 2008?! lets say this tas fellow knows what he's talking about, he went to the school of capcom and got his bachalors in capcomolegy. in four years anything could happen, I'm sure capcom didn't know 4 years ago it would close it's coin-op devision. go find your self a "duke nukum-ologist" and ask what can go wrong in 4 years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

saying that garou 2 is in production is like saying that Power stone 3 is in production

i wish that power stone was being made :(

And saying that Street Fighter 4 is in production is like saying Power Stone 4 is in production :(

someone told me on another forum that powerstone 4 IS in production. and he would know so it is true! :P

some yahoo in a forum can say whatever they want and do thier homework and sound like they know what they are talking about but it's all just crap. did this guy in the snk-capcom forum know about the sf3/SFAnniversary bundle before it was officially announced by capcom? prolly not.

Well he knows ppl who frequent the Capcom of Japan offices n employees have been quoted saying they've been working in pre-production stuff. Capcom has also published a book called 'SF Eternal Challenge' saying their next game will be released in 2007/08. Of course most of the ppl here only view this as just ranting speculation on TAS' part, but I think otherwise. 'It's all just crap', oh well, that's fine.

do you have any idea how much can change between now and 2008?! lets say this tas fellow knows what he's talking about, he went to the school of capcom and got his bachalors in capcomolegy. in four years anything could happen, I'm sure capcom didn't know 4 years ago it would close it's coin-op devision. go find your self a "duke nukum-ologist" and ask what can go wrong in 4 years.

That pov can work both ways, so it really doesn't prove anything but put more 'possibility' on the table, which can go in either direction. But hey, yur rite. Things can go wrong in 4 yrs, just know now that yur one of many doubters with such pessimism, but when the day comes the game will be out u'll be wetting yur pants like any other fan.

Hahaha...DukeNukemologist, how true. :P

Nyuuka, all we're saying is that without official Capcom proof, there is no way we can say it is definitely coming 2007/2008. If it does come out then, awesome. But right now no one is in a position to talk on behalf of Capcom.

This is completely fictional, so don't take this as serious news.

An analogy to this would be if I claim that Ion Storm is going to work on a new System Shock. Warren Spector, the creator of System Shock, has said hinted that they have a scary game in pre-production. Then from that little tidbit of information, I start to spin out all this rumor that this new horror game will be System Shock 3. I'll start pointing to coincidences and little office blather to somehow back up my claim.

I know, that is a HORRIBLE analogy, but that's all I could think of at the moment.

But hey, yur rite.  Things can go wrong in 4 yrs, just know now that yur one of many doubters with such pessimism, but when the day comes the game will be out u'll be wetting yur pants like any other fan.

That day will come when Capcom says, "HEY! We're making Street Fighter 4 so better get yourself some new pants!"

Hahaha...DukeNukemologist, how true. :P

Nyuuka, all we're saying is that without official Capcom proof, there is no way we can say it is definitely coming 2007/2008. If it does come out then, awesome. But right now no one is in a position to talk on behalf of Capcom.

This is completely fictional, so don't take this as serious news.

An analogy to this would be if I claim that Ion Storm is going to work on a new System Shock. Warren Spector, the creator of System Shock, has said hinted that they have a scary game in pre-production. Then from that little tidbit of information, I start to spin out all this rumor that this new horror game will be System Shock 3. I'll start pointing to coincidences and little office blather to somehow back up my claim.

I know, that is a HORRIBLE analogy, but that's all I could think of at the moment.

I know there is no way to say it's definately coming. But as i've read this thread n I don't think there has been any 1 person besides myself with a positive outlook on these speculations, I think i've read 'that's crap' or 'it's all just crap' from nearly all of u. From yur own words most of u r saying more than I am, that it's definately NOT coming.

Well, until Capcom says so heh.

Edited by nyuuka

I will wet my pants when/if sf4 comes out. then I'll take that opportunity to wear cool depends brand diapers. or some piratesqe pantalones.

no one is a bigger capcom mark then I am. but going off what some dude in a forum says just isn't smart.

I never said its NOT coming. I'm just saying its not coming till Capcom says so. I was optimistic about Full Throttle 2, shot down. I was optimistic about Sam and Max 2, shot down. I was optimistic about Fallout 3, not fully shot down yet but I'm wounded.

I'm not going to say its definitely coming because NOONE can say that yet. I don't care how deep you look into something and how much of Harvard studied Capcomologist you are, you're still not 100% certain.

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this thing. Sure, I would love to see Capcom do it, and I'm sure they eventually will but I'm not going to start speculating till there is more definite proof.

No, we're just saying TAS isn't right. We're open to the possibility that it will be made, but we can't say it is until Capcom actually says so. You can't rely on rumors anyways. After all, in EGM's rumor section they posted a rumor that Capcom was planning on making a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and maybe Capcom vs. Dragonball. The closest we got was an April Fools joke from Madman Cafe with an edited picture claiming to be from MvC3 w/ Zero from the Megaman X series as "proof."

I never said its NOT coming. I'm just saying its not coming till Capcom says so. I was optimistic about Full Throttle 2, shot down. I was optimistic about Sam and Max 2, shot down. I was optimistic about Fallout 3, not fully shot down yet but I'm wounded.

I'm not going to say its definitely coming because NOONE can say that yet. I don't care how deep you look into something and how much of Harvard studied Capcomologist you are, you're still not 100% certain.

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this thing. Sure, I would love to see Capcom do it, and I'm sure they eventually will but I'm not going to start speculating till there is more definite proof.

exactly. I took the whole "capcom all-stars" thing really hard, I mean damn they already had boards in test arcades,..........I don't want to be hurt again.............

Yeah, I really wanted to see it too. AFAIK, that would've had the only 3D incarnation of Strider to date. It reminded me of Fighters Megamix for the Saturn since it had several of Capcoms characters from different series in it. It would've been my first 3D fighting from Capcom that I would've bought, too bad it was scrapped. :P

Edited by StriderSkorpion

*Shrugs* Hey, that's fine. But it's not wise to discount any n all rumors merely because it's a rumor. I suppose u all work off yur own experience though. TAS is very respected in that forum, n i've been there long enuff to know why, so i'm not just being hopeful n blindingly excited by what he says. I'm just having faith in his assumptions because i've yet to hear bullsh!t from him.