Who here hates tv??

ME!

yah, thats right. i said it. i hate tv! i have felt this way for a long time, and now i just felt like expressing it to you all. does anyone feel the same way i do? i seriously dont know how you couldnt. if i watch anything, its the simpsons and seinfeld. thats it. if it wasnt for those two shows, and the fact i have my psx connected to it, id probably throw my television out the window. anyway, here is my tv hate list :

1-commercials(with any of these things)-tampons, talking babies, animals or cars. people telling me what i think, what i do or what i should do. and at the top of my list, chicks with herpies saying,"just cause i have herpies, dosent mean i cant have a life." what an idiot. doesnt she see, its her life that has gotten her into this mess to begin with. 8)

2-daytime talk shows-basically all of them. yes, even springer. but at the top of my list are #1) that show with the psychic, and he talks to dead family members of the guests. its so sad to see these people, just crying their eyes out. i dont blame them for wanting to talk to their dead family members. i blame the makers of the show, ofcourse. what they wont do for ratings, it makes me sick. #2)really should be number one, but anyway, dr. phil. this guys idea of helping people sort out their problems is to yell at them and just totally degrate them on tv infront of millions of people. and they're not going to disagree with him, because, again, THEY ARE ON TV INFRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. id like to know where they found this guy anyway.

ok. i think ive got all that out of my system. if you agree with me, on anything ive said, let me know. if you disagree with me, well, i guess you could let me know too. if you think i have some serious issues, you can just ignore me altogether. hows that? :(

I maybe see an hour of TV a day if I am lucky now. I love watching stuff like the simpsons, futurama, frasier, seinfeld, league of gentlemen, the office. Mostly US sitcoms and alternative British comedy. I hate all the soap operas, talk shows, DIY shows that have taken over the TV schedules now. The good thing in the UK is that we don't have as many commercials as the USA. I mean 3 commercial breaks in a 30 minute show is crazy!!!! You guys however probably don't have to pay for a damn license to watch TV! 8) It is like some guy saying "well hey dude, if you want to buy GTA:Vice City then you must also buy barbies gay adventures too". So damn stupid. Sort it out TOny Blair you big nob.

jeez! you guys have to pay for a license to watch tv?? good lord, its a tv, not a car. what are they thinkin? that's crazy. :D still, i would probably pay money, if i meant i didnt have to suffer through the commercials.

I hate tv sometimes, in england on sky one a simpsons show lasts 30 mins,

When bbc 2 show it it is on start to finnish for 20 mins.

This means sky one put 10 minutes of advertiseing in the show,

I HATE ADVERTS AND ALWAYS WILL.

Understand this.

We should not be subject to mindless advertiseing, i want a button on my remote that i press when adverts come on, which will stop the adverts been shown and the tv will only come back on when the show starts again.

I once heard a guy say adverts are mentall torture now that i think about it he could of been correct. :D

I HATE ADVERTS AND ALWAYS WILL.

I only watch TV for sports now, and sometimes the odd sitcom. I have digital satelite with well over 350 channels. 250 of those channels suck ass. But it costs less than cable, and looks/sounds way better (Even the so called digital cable that 90% of the channels are still analog. Seen it, know about the technology, so plz don't argue the fact with me. lol)

As for Advertisements/Commercials.

What do you think the shows are? Thats not the point of TV....people, the commercials are the point of TV, thats where the money is made. The shows are just the filler to keep you tuned in to see the money making ads.

The only way you can avoid them is with premium subscription stations. Which are ridiculous in $, and generally suck uber ass compared to normal stations as for their content.

In the end..........TV only sucks if you're watching the wrong channels, at the wrong time. But I still don't watch much.

As for Advertisements/Commercials.  

What do you think the shows are? Thats not the point of TV....people, the commercials are the point of TV, thats where the money is made. The shows are just the filler to keep you tuned in to see the money making ads.

i do, also, realize this. it is this sort of mentality which filters into the programing itself, and it is part of the reason that i dont watch tv, listen to the radio etc. i have a friend that had her own public service radio show for recovering alcoholics. even though the radio station wasnt suppose to, they put a commercial break in the middle of her show. that isnt so bad, but to top it off, they were beer commercials. after a while, she got sick of it and started to delete the beer ads out of the line up. 2 weeks later, she was let go. she was told her show wasnt "hip" enough, but everyone knew the real reason. lol. in conclusion, the commercials were more important to the station than the show. but really, the basic reason for me not watching tv and all is the programing itself. maybe people find it entertaining, but i find most of it repulsive and mean spirited. i can go on forever on why this is, but it would open up a great larger field of debate, which i dont have the time at present to cover.