What's The Cheapest And Best Xbox Mod Chip?

Alpha

Yeah, I'd have to say get an X2.3b Lite if you're just lookin' to emulate games and play Xbox games off of your HDD.

And if you order from system-mods.com, they ship from College Station, TX so if you are in Texas, they get to you VERY quickly.

The only people I have ordered from is system-mods.com. Also it seems the only other official US reseller in the US modchipman.com. The rest are in the UK or Canada.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bios change that. the latest bios has lba48 enabled so you can use a hdd up to 2tb! i would suggest that if you're going over 250gb to use the.67 (f and g) bio's since its been known that anything over 250gb in f will be corrupt

Alrighty, I need your help to pick one of these chips. :lol:

X-Ecuter v2.3B LITE

http://www.modchipman.com/catalog/product_...f08e0629c866c31

Price: $34.99

X-Ecuter v2.3B LITE [+] *SOLDERLESS*

http://shop.system-mods.com/index.asp?Page...PROD&ProdID=100

Price: $52.00 ($51 at ModChipMan, but out of stock)

X-Ecuter v2.3B PRO

http://shop.system-mods.com/index.asp?Page...WPROD&ProdID=10

Price: $45.00

The pro is about 10 dollars more and the X-Ecuter v2.3B Lite PLUS..is the solderless version.

I'd say the X2.3b Lite as it's the cheapest for probably what you're trying to do (as far as emulation is concerned). I've seen far too many people knock a solderless chip out of alignment and have to open their box just to make it work again. A good soldered modchip won't have that problem and soldering X2s are really easy to do.

There's only 1 difficult spot, d0 as it's called, but it's actually quite easy if you use the back d0 point instead of the front one. Note that d0 on the back is different for ver 1.0-1.1 Xboxes than the ver 1.2-1.4 Xboxes so make sure you know which Xbox you have before soldering the back d0 point. Also Team Xecuter's d0 for 1.0-1.1 Xboxes is wrong if you look it up on their side. Search Xbox-Scene for the correct one to use on 1.0-1.1s.

What type of experience do you have soldering?

I'd say the X2.3b Lite as it's the cheapest for probably what you're trying to do (as far as emulation is concerned).  I've seen far too many people knock a solderless chip out of alignment and have to open their box just to make it work again.  A good soldered modchip won't have that problem and soldering X2s are really easy to do.

There's only 1 difficult spot, d0 as it's called, but it's actually quite easy if you use the back d0 point instead of the front one.  Note that d0 on the back is different for ver 1.0-1.1 Xboxes than the ver 1.2-1.4 Xboxes so make sure you know which Xbox you have before soldering the back d0 point.  Also Team Xecuter's d0 for 1.0-1.1 Xboxes is wrong if you look it up on their side.  Search Xbox-Scene for the correct one to use on 1.0-1.1s.

What type of experience do you have soldering?

No soldering experiences ever. I don't even have a soldering iron or whatever they call it, which scares me the most. Which would cost about the same all together for a solderless. Isn't the solderless screwed in? I'm never going to move my XBOX anywhere. And aren't there 2 lights to makesure it's all in their right?

yeah their are the lights, use those, just dont bump your Xbox, My old Xbox had a soldered one but all those LAN parties killed the thing, i have a new 1.5 Xbox and im going to mod it once i get some money, but im wondering if i should bother, All the emulation and movie playing i can just do on my PC better than the Xbox can. The only high point i see is pirating games, which there arent that many i really want right now. Im probably going to wait till Xbox 2 comes out, then chip it and pirate all the games! bwahaha. Because i like Xbox Live alot. I know there are ways of doing it without getting caught, but there is no way to play a pirated game on Live and be 100% safe

Shibathedog try xboxconnect. The only games I play on there are Rb6-3 and slpintercell:PT. slpintercell never lags and Rb6-3 only seems to have problems when there are 14people or so in a server. so just cap the server at 12.Whith XBC you can play all your backups or use your originals and best of all its FREE!! :lol:

Gamecop you should get the X2.3b lite. It's not that hard to soder and that soderless (+) thing can be a pain if moved, besides soder is like 2$ and the iron is not that bad. Then you can keep the soder and iron for the next system you mod!Oh, yeah once you start modding your systems you never stop. :lol:

solderless isn't so bad, I've had a solderless matrix for a year and a half and it's only come out of alignment once, after a car ride, until recently sometimes it doesn't boot the bios and I have to give it a tap to get it to boot the bios. I figure I can fix that easy, open it up clean the contacts and realign it.