Ghostlop

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it you who mentioned these new NeoRageX hacks are like adding biomechanical parts to a dead/dying body?

Yes, but I still don't think NRX is dead... rather reanimated. :huh: If an emulator is still good at emulating certain things (albeith being old and such), why should it be forgotten and buried? Let's not forget that NeoRAGE was the first Neo-Geo emulator and it's still a viable option for those who have older computers and do not want to mess with DATs and whatnot.

Edited by Agozer

I prefer Kawaks, but Nebula is easier to mess around with since it uses dats. The Kawaks loader is the only way to change or add to the sets Kawaks recognizes, but there isn't a loader for 1.49 (AFAIK) or 1.48b/dev. I wouldn't bury NeoRageX yet, but wish the source would be released. The hacks are nice and all, but they really can't add some of the features Nebula and Kawaks have.

The sad thing is, NeoRAGEx's source code has never been released and probably never will and it's almnost purely coded in Assembly. The EGCG Team are just reverse-engineering the code to put in the various tweaks they've done so far.

Does default FBA have anything over MAME32 graphics or sound wise?  Or even emualtion wise for that matter.  I don't have a slow PC, so that's not an issue, I'm just curious if the regular source has graphic &/or sound improvements (i.e. SuperEagle).

they both have filters yes i never use any myself as i feel no need to best to try mame and fba for yourself. :P