Best Horror Movie

Has any of you who like John Carpenter's The Thing seen The Thing from Outer Space? It's the original black and white movie that The Thing is based on. It's not a bad movie for its time, but I didn't think it was scary (could've been for its time, dunno). I like The Thing a lot better, though. BTW, is the game any good? I'm interested in playing it too see if its any good myself.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why a movie should be labeled "horror" if it's humurous and/or cheezy. I have seen very little in terms of true horror movies. I think I get scared more with playing a survival horror than watching most horror movies nowadays.

The Thing? I haven't seen it. But as for the game, I'm guessing it's crappy. My recommendation is that you should rent it first -- if possible.

I don't know why it would neccessarily be crappy. It was done by Konami, so I don't think it'd be crappy (not that Konami hasn't done crappy games). Those movies that are funny/cheesy usually TRY to be scary, but sometimes fail miserably. I can't say that any survival horror game has been that scary to me, but they usually get my adrenaline (sp?) if they're any good.

Edited by StriderSkorpion

I don't know why it would neccessarily be crappy.  It was done by Konami, so I don't think it'd be crappy (not that Konami hasn't done crappy games).  Those movies that are funny/cheesy usually TRY to be scary, but sometimes fail miserably.  I can't say that any survival horror game has been that scary to me, but they usually get my adrenal (sp?) if they're any good.

About my earlier comment on the game being crappy...well, sorry about that. It's just that games based on movies have a tendency to be crappy, so...yeah, I could be wrong. :lol: But like I said, rent first, if possible.

Yeah, survival horrors may not always be scary, but it often has its moments when it gets the adrenaline (sp?...yeah, not sure on the spelling either. lol) going, and most horror movies can't even do that for me. So, I take survival horror over a so-called "horror" movie. :D

On a side note, K Man, weren't Jerry and George going to see it one episode of Seinfield?

Yes, twice actually. The first time in "The Chinese Restaurant" (Ep. 16) and then in "The Postponement (Ep. 112).

I remember those episodes. I didn't realise in the Chinese restaurant episode that the movie they were seeing was Plan 9. I didn't even know they mentioned the movie's title. You live, you learn a little more about TV.

Edited by StriderSkorpion

On a side note, K Man, weren't Jerry and George going to see it one episode of Seinfield?

Yes, twice actually. The first time in "The Chinese Restaurant" (Ep. 16) and then in "The Postponement (Ep. 112).

How can you possibly remember all those tidbits of info? I like some shows too, but that doesn't make me want to memorize every single episode number and synopsis.

Edited by Agozer

How can you posswibly remember all those tidbits of info? I like some shows too, but that doesn't make me want to memorize every single episode number and synopsis.

I'm a freak. Well I don't memorize the episode numbers. I just remember what episodes they were in and quickly check my Seinfeld folder to corroborate the episode name with the number (I have all episodes on my computer :P).

But I do usually remember what happens in each episode; what can I say, I'm a Seinfeldologist. :P

How can you posswibly remember all those tidbits of info? I like some shows too, but that doesn't make me want to memorize every single episode number and synopsis.

I'm a freak. Well I don't memorize the episode numbers. I just remember what episodes they were in and quickly check my Seinfeld folder to corroborate the episode name with the number (I have all episodes on my computer :P).

But I do usually remember what happens in each episode; what can I say, I'm a Seinfeldologist. :P

How much is your collection really? In gigabytes?