Best Horror Movie

So, does that mean you're a fan of Full Moon or (possibly) Troma? I don't know about Troma, but Full Moon has a huge library of horror movies. Out of them, I like the Puppet Master series (not all of them since some are hokey like Retro Puppet Master) and the Howling series (I believe that's the name). What's weird is Full Moon ripped itself off with some Puppet Master clone. I can't remeber the name, but it was lame (and funny because of that).

Edited by StriderSkorpion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does that mean you're a fan of Full Moon or (possibly) Troma?  I don't know about Troma, but Full Moon has a huge library of horror movies.  Out of them, I like the Puppet Master series (not all of them since some are hokey like Retro Puppet Master) and the Howling series (I believe that's the name).  What's weird is Full Moon ripped itself off with some Puppet Master clone.  I can remeber the name, but it was lame (and funny because of that).

yeah I am a fan of troma and full moon, hammer, EI, and pretty much any other low budget horror studio past and present. I can watch any horror movie no matter how lame or unintentionally funny. heheheh my favs are the hollywood classics and 80's italian

Ah, Hammer, they're definitely classics of the genre. Unfortunately, I've lived a sheltered life and have yet to see very many (possibly any) of there films. On a side note, I really wish Bram Stoker's estate didn't sue the makers of the silent film Nosferatu. Has anybody seen the fictional movie based on the making of the film? It was William Defoe as the vampire and John Malkovich (if I'm not mistaken) as the director. I think it also has the main character from Princess Bride and Robin Hood Men in Tights.

All you need is the Necronomicon. "Cluthu verra ta neck-tie. No, what was it!?"  :)

*makes his room all moody and evil like*

"Cthulhu Fghn"

I can't believe I still remember that

I want the control the undead damnit. Wait, wrong series :lol:

Man, I didn't want to unleash Cthulhu into the world again :huh:.

House of the Dead was bad (and I love the game to death, when I found out about the movie, I was excited, I saw it. It made second think games :-D), and I like Resident Evil movie. I liked House of a 1000 Corpses, dispite all the plot holes. House of the Dead shouldn't exist.

Ah, Hammer, they're definitely classics of the genre.  Unfortunately, I've lived a sheltered life and have yet to see very many (possibly any) of there films.  On a side note, I really wish Bram Stoker's estate didn't sue the makers of the silent film Nosferatu.  Has anybody seen the fictional movie based on the making of the film?  It was William Defoe as the vampire and John Malkovich (if I'm not mistaken) as the director.  I think it also has the main character from Princess Bride and Robin Hood Men in Tights.

I saw that movie. I think it was called "Shadow of the Vampire." Not scary, but still a good movie.

So, does that mean you're a fan of Full Moon or (possibly) Troma?  I don't know about Troma, but Full Moon has a huge library of horror movies.  Out of them, I like the Puppet Master series (not all of them since some are hokey like Retro Puppet Master) and the Howling series (I believe that's the name).  What's weird is Full Moon ripped itself off with some Puppet Master clone.  I can't remeber the name, but it was lame (and funny because of that).

I like Troma's Cannibal: The Musical. That was pretty funny.

Cheesy humor is another one of Troma's fine points. I didn't think the Shadows of the Vampire movie was scary either, but I did think it was interesting. I especially liked William Defoe's (sp?) character because he was pretty disturbing. Like the scene where he's in the sewer and he starts sucking the blood of a bat or rat (not sure which).

Yeah, especially movies that have become a series (i.e. Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th series). I still like them even though they no longer scare me. Sometimes I kinda like it when horror movies parody themselves or are just so bad &/or cheesy they're funny.

My Favorites are the Night of The Living Dead Series. I thought the Thing was pretty cool and action oriented, not scary. The Ring is kinda scary, but Ringu and Ringu 2 were scarier.