Self-booting/burning Problems

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats up with snes emulation, is it still being developed cuz i burned a compile of it and it worked at a rate of (80%) duh but it was so kool, playing killer insticnts and super metroid. It makes me wanna buy an snes but system and game are not really expensive but i just blew all my money on an xbox and GB Sp.

Has Marcus (author of DreamSNES) even updated it this year or last? I stopped checked along time ago. The only other SNES emulators I know of ended up DOA pretty much. Sintendo had a little development on it, but then the author kinda dropped the project off the face of the Earth. Ngine-Snes9x died quickly too. After all the author's talking about his whole ngine project and even a Genesis emulator, he ended up switching to GBA dev. Are there any other SNES emulators (or attempts) out there?

Yeah i was like in october of last year. Why is it the slowest developing project? Dont people like the Snes? Ninendo and GB are akready done and the gen emu is probably like already done, like 10% left to finish. Is it the lost of intrest or the lack of money?

It's the developer. I don't think he's really much into Dreamcast development anymore. I wish someone would make a zSNES port. Since zSNES is open source, that would allow much faster development of the Dreamcast version. SNES9x is also open source, but I don't think it has GPL (or similar) license like zSNES (I could be mistaken on that point). I'm pretty sure SNES9x doesn't, otherwise Marcus would probably would have released the source to DreamSNES.

well thats the great part of the emulation scene

if there is a GBA emulator in dev..what do we do?

Simple! Burn the GBA Emulator when its done, with the GBA SNES emu!! BAM!! SNES on your DC!!

DC emulating GBA emulating SNES..heh...lets just pray it DOES work :P

Ha, that would be funny. Too bad the GBA is lacking all the buttons necessary for true SNES emulation. Has anyone come up with a way to add buttons to the GBA or do you avoid games that use most of the buttons? I remember Atani saying he made a GBA emulator for the DC, but he/she said that it wouldn't be released because of the incident related to Atani's Genesis emulator. Is anyone else working on one? Haven't really been into the DC emulation scene in a while...

• 1 month later...

i have a selfboot of CVS2. it's audio\data, with no IP.BIN. i copied it all to my HD in order to make new ADX audio files, which i did. now, i can't make it into a selfboot image again. it's not a filesize problem, as i kept the new songs to a similar size. what do i do to make it selfboot again? i plan to do the same with SFIII 3rd strike.