Self-booting/burning Problems

What do i do when alcohol 120% says this about my cdi image:

Session 01:

Track 01: Mode 2 Form 1, Length: 285218(557.1 MB), Address: 000000

Session 02:

Track 02: Mode 2 Form 1, Length: 000302(604 KB), Address: 296618

How do i burn that image or make it self boot because i know it's not going to self-boot work becuase there is no audio track in the first session. Is there a way to switch it around, or something? I've tried ripping games and making them self boot but they come out in that format, not this one below which is a working self boot iso:

Session 01:

Track 01: Audio, Length: 000300(600 KB), Address: 000000

Session 02:

Track 02: Mode 2 Form 1, Length: 325502(635.7 MB), Address: 011700

Edited by Cominus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible it could self boot, but I don't think I've ever seen the images like that. I've heard of images in that format (or similar), though. If you aren't willing to waste a CD-R to see if it auto boots, grab CDMage and extract the data from the tracks. If the last track has any needed data (i.e. ip.bin or 1stread.bin), you'll have to make a new ISO. Otherwise, just grab bin2boot from MegaGames and use it on the ISO you created from the first session (CDMage supports extracting actual data and in ISO format, if I'm not mistaken).

Edited by StriderSkorpion

What's the track layout look like? Xeal used to have a tutorial on his site that mentioned putting the data tracker first and the ip.bin &/or 1stread.bin at the end. You could just rip the data from the image like I mentioned. If need be, just make a new ISO and use bin2boot.

The track layout came out like the first one i hac mentioned, i think siba knows about this stuff. Am i supposed to rip the data in "iso or bin" format (which i did) and stuck it in that bin to boot, and the iso came out like my original copy, same size and all.

That is what is known as a Data/Data layout, and yes if it was done correctly it should be self booting.

Audio/Data layout is more common however.

I've burnt Data/Data self boots before, and they worked just fine.

I say give it a shot, and don't stress yourself over 1 CD-R. (Ooo like what? 10 cents?) If it turns out to be a dud, you know whoever did that Data/Data boot screwed up, and you need to fix0r it!

That is what is known as a Data/Data layout, and yes if it was done correctly it should be self booting.

Audio/Data layout is more common however.

I've burnt Data/Data self boots before, and they worked just fine.

I say give it a shot,  and don't stress yourself over 1 CD-R. (Ooo like what? 10 cents?) If it turns out to be a dud, you know whoever did that Data/Data boot screwed up, and you need to fix0r it!

Yeah sure one cd-r, but i've got like 6 other games in that format for thats like 6 more cd-rs, and more to download on the way, so tahts like 6 more, plus anyother BS format that i might run into, you get the picture?

Oh, it's just data/data? There's no problem with that. In fact, that's the kind of cdi image bin2boot creates. All DCs, except for maybe early Japanese ones (according to the DC FAQ on MegaGames) can boot them. This includes the newer ones that can't boot audio/data, supposedly.